Introducing DORADO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tlaw7

Veteran Member
Hello, All. I've been a "lurker" and an inactive member of Trawler Forum for awhile. Figured it was appropriate to reintroduce myself, since we are taking delivery of our new trawler in April.

DORADO is a 43-foot 2016 American Tug. She is a replacement for our earlier American Tug (ARION, 41025). We decided to get a new tug with selling our 2007 tug and getting a few "extras" we couldn't afford when we purchased the first one - such as TRAC stabilizers!

Every time we thought about a new boat, we kept coming back to American Tug. The roominess, seaworthyness, comfort, and design are just what we want. I love the sight lines which make it easy to back into a slip. It's just a friendly design with everything we want for safe, comfortable cruising. We've owned flybridge boats in the past and love the pilot house design. No ladders to climb!

Our boat is due into Baltimore around the middle of April. After installing electronics, watermaker, solar panels, and a dinghy crane, we'll head up to New England for the summer.

Susan and I have a house in New Bern, NC, and spend about ten months of the year aboard. We've been to the Bahamas twice and up and down the east coast as far north as Bar Harbor, ME. Love the cruising lifestyle and being on the boat!

All the Best,
Tom Law (tlaw7)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 96
Very nice Tom! Post your projects (with pics) so we can all learn together. Welcome aboard.

Wow. Nice boat for sure!

All ways fun to play with a new toy!

Ted

Nice boat.
We approve!!! Maybe we will see you in New England this summer.
Bruce

Congratulations, very nice .

Beautiful...congrats!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom