Hi all, new ish member and new boat pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol yep those are some huge davits, they will hold weight wise much larger of a boat than I can physically fit back there. They are actually set up so I can swing them around and yank the motors with them so they are stout. Yea those 30 inch wheels really threw me for a loop. Definitely an odd setup all the way around.

With 2 FL120s on a 42-foot boat, I had 24X18 wheels; so those sound a bit big.
What is the pitch? Might want to watch for signs of overloading. What's boat weight?

Did I understand you correctly that the topsides will be stripped of all paint and left clean?

These were the pics I took the day I first went to see her, She looks pretty rough but is making progress all the time. I’ll update pics and progress as I go along. Also that’s not me in the pics that’s the PO
welcome and I agree with your assessment of TF everyone has been so welcoming and helpful. I wish you the very best with your quest of global cruising, we waited to long. so will concentrate on SF Bay and Delta. where I have been boatin for most of my life.

I’m not sure of the pitch yet. I don’t have any documentation on the wheels, I was going to do a load test on them next trip to see if they start overheating. If they do I know they have too much pitch for the engines to turn at upper rpm. If so I’ll get some new wheels for regular use and just keep these for spares or for when I go long distances. And yes I am striping everything above the water line except the deck and inside bull works. I spend almost all my time at work painting, and maintaining a boat, the last thing I want to do is come home and paint another boat lol

Owning a wooden boat for many years, I did a lot of painting; so I appreciate the comment about not wanting to paint. Gray AL won't reflect our summer heat here on the Gulf Coast as well as a white painted cabin; so hope you do a really good job of insulating the bulkheads and have some powerful ac. I am not sure what you expect to gain by replacing those FLs with any other engine - it seems like spending money you could use for other things on the boat. They are right sized for the size boat you have there. They are pretty simple and will run forever if maintained to any degree, and they are well supported, especially by American Diesel.

Back
Top Bottom