Hi All – I’m new to the Forum…

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AKMary

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Kingfisher
Vessel Make
1974 Meridian Yachts Pilothouse 48
..and just want to introduce myself. I didn't see an Introduce Yourself thread, so thought I'd post here.

I’m a newbie who recently moved onboard a 1973 48’ Meridian Pilothouse. I’m excited as hell and just as nervous for this adventure to get underway. I’m trying to do the right thing by surrounding myself with quality people and absorbing as much knowledge as I can. This forum is a fantastic resource and someday I hope to be able to repay your kindness. Thanks for all the help and I hope to see you out on the water.

AKMary

Sweet! Welcome to the forum. I've been up to Poulsbo a few times for the TrawlerFest that they have there. Excellent crab cakes! That's a great get-together you should really attend, since it's in your back yard.

Despite you are newbie, we are newbie too because we never know everything, we always are learning and changing informations here.
I'm from Brazil and intending to cruise from Fort lauderdale to Brazil next jan.
Welcome aboard.

Hello from South Mississippi and welcome aboard. I am exited for you. What I did before I did anything was to familiarize my self with all the through hull's and make sure they worked and I shut off everything but the what needed to operate. Post some pictures.

Greetings program! (from the movie 'Tron')

Hello from the other side of WA. Welcome aboard from another relative newbie.

Greetings from the great white north.

Welcome aboard. The natives are friendly and the sea's are calm.

Come sit a spell listen and learn. Don't be shy ask anything you don't know.

There is a lot we all don't know.

Sd

Welcome Mary

When owning a boat one should prepare for the worst but anticipate the best! That way when you land in the middle position you won't be too sad or too overjoyed! Some contributors in TF have forgotten more about marine doings and boats than I will ever learn; others would like us to think that they have that level of smarts! Consider this place an encyclopedia of marine knowhow that has no real index but one heck of table of contents with new pages added every day! :thumb:

Happy Boating Daze - Art :popcorn:

BTW - Use the Search feature and much info on your question will come to light!

Last edited:
RT you kill me.

Everyone has something cute to say.

I like the no non sence approach.

Like OK GOOD. By.

SD

Yeah. . . Another Washingtonian.

Only one rule. . . Don't mention our wonderful summers and how beautiful the cruising is here!! (We don't want all these scalawags moving to the PNW.) :pirate:

Welcome to the forum

P.S. We have a very nice Trawlerfest every fall here in Anacortes too!!

Larry B,

RT
The mystery man of few words!!

SCOTTE - WELCOME ABOARD!

HEY...that's a real nice looking boat you have on your avitar. Really reminds me of a 55'er my dad almost purchased in early 60's on LI, NY.

Best luck! Art

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom