Old 07-18-2014, 08:57 PM   #1

City: Thousand Oaks
Vessel Name: n/a
Vessel Model: still looking
Greetings from SoCal

Hello!

I've been lurking here for almost a year, reading as many posts as I can and searching the archives. I've enjoyed it very much. I figured it's time join since we are now moving from the "wishing" phase of ownership to the "seriously looking with money in hand" phase. We hope to eventually be in Ventura or Channel Islands harbor. I also hope to someday contribute something useful around here.

My wife is new to the big boat world but is eager. I spent many summers as a kid cruising between Santa Barbara and San Diego on a Columbia 41 sloop. Spent the last 18 years in upstate NY but was fortunate enough to relocate back to CA recently.

If anyone would like to recommend a broker in the SoCal area to help us find the right boat for us I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!
Mike
nauidiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:48 PM   #2
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Welcome, nauidiver! The hunt for the first boat can be great fun. Lots to see and learn. Any idea what size and features you're looking for?

Sorry, I'm no help with the references.

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:05 PM   #3

City: Thousand Oaks
Vessel Name: n/a
Vessel Model: still looking
Thank you FlyWright! We're looking for something around 40 feet - my only deal-killers so far are wood hulls and teak decks. I'd like a single engine but would take doubles if the boat is right. I love the looks of a trunk cabin. I've seen some Californians I like and also a Defever. I'm thinking a good broker will help us locate and get aboard more boats. I know there will be compromises made and I'm working hard to not fall in love with anything yet.
nauidiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:14 AM   #4
Guru

City: Sarasota,FL/Thomasville,GA
Vessel Name: Steppin Stone IV
Vessel Model: Marine Trader Kelly Trawler 46
Nauidiver

Welcome aboard we have a few brokers in the forum that might be able to recomend someone to you.

I am not that far ahead of you purchased our boat earlier this year and we are having fun reworking things bottom to top and living on it part of the time
siestakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:23 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

City: Chicago, IL
Vessel Name: Bay Pelican
Vessel Model: Krogen 42
Welcome aboard. My personal preference is like yours, no teak decks - at least the old style screwed down ones. When we bought Bay Pelican we had the teak deck removed ( hundred leaks it seemed) and found a finished fiberglass deck. Of course a thousand screw holes.
Old 07-19-2014, 10:45 AM   #6
Guru

City: Fort Pierce
Vessel Name: Florita Ann
Vessel Model: 1982 Present
Here is a yachtworld link for what would fit your needs, I like these boats. The Roughwater 41 is a single...the they are well founded

Roughwater Boats For Sale
Mule is offline   Reply With Quote