Hey new guy from Denmark here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Torben DH

So technically this will be my 4. post on this (so far atleast) wonderfull forum.

Im not a boatowner:cry:

But my wife and our 2 kids share the dream of becoming just that.

I have what you would call a keen interest in everything mechanic! And in a lot of things thats not mechanic.

Add in a little ADHD and a mild form of photographic memory and you end up with me. Somekind of encyclopedia of usefull and alot of times unusefull facts.

Sorry in advance for any misspelling and grammatical errors, english is not my first language.

I found trawlerforum after seing a video on youtube of that gorgeus boat in my profile picture a couple of weeks ago.

spent a lot of time on the www discovering this whole new world of trawler type ships and eventually washed ashore here;)

I am a forum junkie with well over 50.000 posts spread out at the 14 forums i freuent.

So on to a little question how long do you have to "be here" before posts made by you, containing a link in them doesnt need approval from a moderator? Since this has happened twice now and its kinda irritating:whistling:

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Torben. Denmark has been the center of much of the hull tech that we use today. I really enjoy the forms of boats made in Denmark. It is truly a country connected to the sea, exhibited by hundreds of years of ship and boat building.

Welcome to the forum Torben. Denmark has been the center of much of the hull tech that we use today. I really enjoy the forms of boats made in Denmark. It is truly a country connected to the sea, exhibited by hundreds of years of ship and boat building.

7314 km / 4545 miles of coastline and you learn a bit about building and sailing boats;)

Denmark is even home of the worlds largest shipping companys

Our family love the sea and are fortunate enough that my inlaws have a house where the grounds extend 60' into the sea with private beach and everything unfortunately they are not rich and we only have the smallest of dinghys with a 15hp outboard to cruise in

Welcome Torben. I believe the spam settings are such that you have to have ten or so posts before you are able to post a link. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of boats from Denmark. I was fortunate to spend some time in Hals, Hirtshals, and Thyboron when I was a kid.

That is an interesting boat, sort of a new modern design for a conventional trawler.

Most of us probable started out small with boats under 20 ft, and over the years increased in experience, knowledge and size. I never thought we would live on and own a 58 ft slow ugly trawler. :nonono: So you never know what the future holds. :eek: The important thing is not to push or make it happen, if its meant to be it will be.:thumb:

Well Phil,

Ya stepped in it there mate.

Reminds me of a person (here/not here) that said his boat was ugly and we all knew it wasn't and we knew he didn't think it was ugly either. Did you learn that from him?

So many pretty trawlers out there and you bought an ugly one;-)

Yes, I agree there are thousand of boat out there and my wife had to buy an ugly one! :facepalm: However, the boats I want to buy were eye candy for short term and a means to an end, :D not LONG TERM AND LIFE changing. ;) I thought I was happy living on the dirt. :confused:

Eric, that was my first impression/comment. It took me a whole year of therapy to finally buy the Eagle, because I ran out of excuses/reasons not to. It was destined to be. :confused: :facepalm:

Yes, I agree there are thousand of boat out there and my wife had to buy an ugly one! :facepalm: However, the boats I want to buy were eye candy for short term and a means to an end, :D not LONG TERM AND LIFE changing. ;) I thought I was happy living on the dirt. :confused:

Eric, that was my first impression/comment. It took me a whole year of therapy to finally buy the Eagle, because I ran out of excuses/reasons not to. It was destined to be. :confused: :facepalm:

If thats your boat in your profile pic that is not ugly to me at all!

If thats your boat in your profile pic that is not ugly to me at all!

You know, Torben....I've always said that about Phil's boat. I really like the Eagle the way it is. The only thing I'd do (if I was in the PNW like Phil) is put that forward mast back on it.....I think it makes the boat look more balanced. Otherwise, that boat is meat and potatoes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom