Old 02-11-2013, 04:54 AM   #1

City: Pasadena, Maryland
Vessel Name: Querencia
Vessel Model: Mainship 400T
Question Henderson's Wharf in Baltimore

Greetings from a newbee who is currently purchasing a 46 Jefferson and moving her to Baltimore's Inner Harbor. Any experienced souls here who could provide local knowlege re: Jeffersons, sources of truck transport from FL to VA/MD, or marinas in Baltimore(especially Hendersons Wharf)
calypsian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:06 AM   #2

City: Hampton Bays, N.Y.
Vessel Name: Grand Yankee
Vessel Model: 1981 49' Grand Banks Classic
Baltimore

I keep my 50' Cherubini Trawler at Light House Point, Baltimore Marine Center and love what I get for my money. Kevin is the man to see. I like everything about the marina and all you get for your money. Are you trying to truck your vessel up from down south. Can't you run her up on her own bottom? I hate to truck a large vessel. Always seems to be something broken from rotten roads we have. Good luck with her and your new home. Ron T.
Ron T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #3
Guru

City: Cruising East Coast US
Vessel Name: Grace
Vessel Model: DeFever 48
Kevin is a lurker here on the board that until I sell her keeps his steel Sutton 44 in Baltimore, perhaps he can offer some guidance. As to trucking that large of a boat, I would not do it. Bring her up on her own bottom. You will love the trip. Trucking her instead of a great cruise is like paying a truck driver to make love to your beautiful wife, just doesn't make sense?
Old 02-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #4
chc

City: PA
Vessel Name: Scooter
Vessel Model: 1984 Californian 34 LRC
We keep our boat @ Weaver's Marina on Back River, just north of Baltimore. Nice spot, not fancy, but good shop availability & capability. 10 minutes by car to downtown Baltimore. As to bringing the boat noth; by all means on her own bottom, you'll never regret making the trip.
chc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #5

City: North Port, FL
Vessel Name: Seven Tenths (sold)
Vessel Model: Mirage / Great Harbour 47
Welcome to Baltimore

I would second the recommend Kevin at Light House Point. We are at Light House point now and like the marina. When we bought our Great Harbour 47 we moved it ourselves up from Punta Gorda Florida. The trip north taught us alot about the boat and was a great memory to start our relationship with the boat.

We are still working so the trip was done in three segments - a week to move from Punta Gorda to Melbourne FLA, then we worked a month, moved it from Melbourne to Beaufort, NC, came home and worked a few more weeks and then the final run from Beaufort to Baltimore MD.

HenryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:59 AM   #6

City: Pasadena, Maryland
Vessel Name: Querencia
Vessel Model: Mainship 400T
Thank you to all who posted. The Jefferson deal went South (joke..trying to stay positive) Looking now closer to home, partially due to the lack of time to bring a vessel North, partially due to the advice about shipping her overland that I read here.
Thanks again!!
calypsian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baltimore, hendersons wharf, jefferson, surveyor, transport