Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-19-2018, 03:33 PM   #1
Member
 
Le_Vieil-Eau's Avatar
 
City: Champlain
Country: Canada
Vessel Name: Le Vieil-Eau
Vessel Model: Artisanal Trawler made in 1945!
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 12
Hello from Trois-Rivieres, Quebec, Canada

Hi gang! First, excuse my poor english writing. I'm a french Quebecer. I will try to be understood. I just found your forum, my forum!

Just to annonce my trawler who is a 1945 motorized lifeboat, homemade modified to be a trawler in 1971. It have a Volvo Penta AQ130C (1969) of 130 hp for motor. Behind the wheel, it have 2 folded seats (one for the captain and the other for the helper...!), 4 opening windows (one on each side and two for the front). You have a door between the seats to go to the captain room in the bow. On each side just before entering in the room, you have on port side: a small ''wardrobe'' and on starboard side: a dry toilet. In the Captain's room, you have 6 closed windows and one opening window on the top. And, for sure, a bed! In the back after the rigid top, on the stern, you have: an inboard motor, a room with folded walls, windows and top with 3 long seats who can had 4 persons easily.

My boat, now, was stored. I don't have pics anymore because it's first true ride will be in June 2019. So I will take some good pics!

I will try to show you some old pics in the middle of the modifications.
__________________
Advertisement

Le_Vieil-Eau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 04:06 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
David Hughes's Avatar
 
City: Marietta
Country: US
Vessel Name: True Love
Vessel Model: Leopard 37 PC
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le_Vieil-Eau View Post
Hi gang! First, excuse my poor english writing. I'm a french Quebecer. I will try to be understood. I just found your forum, my forum!



Just to annonce my trawler who is a 1945 motorized lifeboat, homemade modified to be a trawler in 1971. It have a Volvo Penta AQ130C (1969) of 130 hp for motor. Behind the wheel, it have 2 folded seats (one for the captain and the other for the helper...!), 4 opening windows (one on each side and two for the front). You have a door between the seats to go to the captain room in the bow. On each side just before entering in the room, you have on port side: a small ''wardrobe'' and on starboard side: a dry toilet. In the Captain's room, you have 6 closed windows and one opening window on the top. And, for sure, a bed! In the back after the rigid top, on the stern, you have: an inboard motor, a room with folded walls, windows and top with 3 long seats who can had 4 persons easily.



My boat, now, was stored. I don't have pics anymore because it's first true ride will be in June 2019. So I will take some good pics!



I will try to show you some old pics in the middle of the modifications.


Bonjour et bienvenue! Et, voila, la totale de mon Francais! ; )
__________________

__________________
David Hughes
2009 Leopard 37PC- Cape Coral, FL
David Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 04:09 PM   #3
Guru
 
Lou_tribal's Avatar
 
City: Quebec
Country: Canada
Vessel Name: Bleuvet
Vessel Model: Custom Built
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 3,018
Bienvenu a bord!

L
Lou_tribal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 04:35 PM   #4
Member
 
Le_Vieil-Eau's Avatar
 
City: Champlain
Country: Canada
Vessel Name: Le Vieil-Eau
Vessel Model: Artisanal Trawler made in 1945!
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 12
Hi Guys! Do you know how I can put some pics who are taken in the mid of her resurection...!
Le_Vieil-Eau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 04:38 PM   #5
Member
 
Le_Vieil-Eau's Avatar
 
City: Champlain
Country: Canada
Vessel Name: Le Vieil-Eau
Vessel Model: Artisanal Trawler made in 1945!
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 12
Heille le Bleuvet! Fantastique, tu parles français? T'es de où?
Le_Vieil-Eau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 04:39 PM   #6
Member
 
Le_Vieil-Eau's Avatar
 
City: Champlain
Country: Canada
Vessel Name: Le Vieil-Eau
Vessel Model: Artisanal Trawler made in 1945!
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 12
Je vois que tu es de Québec, quel est le port d'attache de ton Bleuvet?
Le_Vieil-Eau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 04:59 PM   #7
Member
 
Le_Vieil-Eau's Avatar
 
City: Champlain
Country: Canada
Vessel Name: Le Vieil-Eau
Vessel Model: Artisanal Trawler made in 1945!
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 12
Pictures

QUOTE=David Hughes;716026]Bonjour et bienvenue! Et, voila, la totale de mon Francais! ; )[/QUOTE]

Can you tell me how I can put some old pics of my Le Vieil-Eau?

Thanks,

Capt Fred (Maritime nickname!)
(aka Daniel Frigon)
Le_Vieil-Eau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 05:53 PM   #8
Enigma
 
RT Firefly's Avatar
 
City: Slicker?
Country: Bumpkin?
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 11,545
Bonjour,
Bienvenu a bord aussi.
__________________
RTF
RT Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 06:22 PM   #9
Guru
 
Comodave's Avatar
 
City: Au Gres, MI
Country: US
Vessel Name: Never Say Never
Vessel Model: President 41 DC
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,657
Welcome aboard.
Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 07:58 PM   #10
Guru
 
LaBomba's Avatar
 
City: Beaverton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,004
Welcome Daniel, we are neighbours
To insert pictures, when you are writing a post or reply you will see an icon in the row above where are typing. One is a small picture and if you point on it, it will say, Insert Image. Pick on this and a window will come up for you to pick pictures from your computer, laptop etc. When you have all in that you want and download them then close the download window. Preview your post and the pictures should be there. Hope this helps.
__________________
Allan & Ann
LaBomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 06:40 AM   #11
Guru
 
Lou_tribal's Avatar
 
City: Quebec
Country: Canada
Vessel Name: Bleuvet
Vessel Model: Custom Built
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 3,018
Salut Daniel, mon port d'attache "officiel" est Quebec mais nous gardons le Bleuvet a Hawkesbury, Ontario pour le moment.

Hi Daniel, my "official" port of call is Quebec but we keep the Bleuvet at Hawkesbury, Ontario for now.

L
Lou_tribal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 10:50 AM   #12
Guru
 
Xsbank's Avatar
 
City: Pender Harbour, BC
Country: Canada
Vessel Name: Gwaii Haanas
Vessel Model: Vancouver Shipyards Custom Aluminum 52
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,995
Ah Hawkesbury, where lots of old Montreal wine bottles go to die! Cold there now, mais non? I lived in Lachine et Ville Ste-Laurent for a dozen or so years When Bombardier was prospering. Welcome Le Vieil-Eau!

On a Mac when you post like I am doing there is a choice, "Post Quick Reply" or "Go Advanced." Choose the "Go" option and another screen pops open. You have to experiment with "Manage Attachments," and pretty much just follow the process, choose "upload" one at a time, "Preview" and finally, if you are happy and your photos are not upside down, "Submit Reply." It is a frustrating process until you have done it once or twice but it works.
__________________
Don't believe everything that you think.
Xsbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:24 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
City: louisiana
Country: usa
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 209
Ahhh....Trois Riviere....home of the great Gilles Villeneuve. My son won the Grand Prix du Trois Riviere twice and was on the podium in another race. What a great city! It was our favorite stop on the circuit.
rardoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 02:37 PM   #14
Member
 
Le_Vieil-Eau's Avatar
 
City: Champlain
Country: Canada
Vessel Name: Le Vieil-Eau
Vessel Model: Artisanal Trawler made in 1945!
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 12
Thumbs up your racing son!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rardoin View Post
Ahhh....Trois Riviere....home of the great Gilles Villeneuve. My son won the Grand Prix du Trois Riviere twice and was on the podium in another race. What a great city! It was our favorite stop on the circuit.
What is his name, in which kind of race? Maybe I saw him won and maybe I take some pics of him, who knows? I go every year to the Grand Prix. Please, tell me more
Le_Vieil-Eau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 02:43 PM   #15
Member
 
Le_Vieil-Eau's Avatar
 
City: Champlain
Country: Canada
Vessel Name: Le Vieil-Eau
Vessel Model: Artisanal Trawler made in 1945!
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 12
American friends in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hughes View Post
Bonjour et bienvenue! Et, voila, la totale de mon Francais! ; )
I have some friends who are not Quebecers, who live in Naples, FL. I'm not perfectly bilingual, but I think they understand me! I don't have to speak English where I live. It's close to Trois-Rivières between Quebec City and Montreal.
Le_Vieil-Eau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 03:56 PM   #16
Guru
 
Lou_tribal's Avatar
 
City: Quebec
Country: Canada
Vessel Name: Bleuvet
Vessel Model: Custom Built
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 3,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsbank View Post
Ah Hawkesbury, where lots of old Montreal wine bottles go to die! Cold there now, mais non? I lived in Lachine et Ville Ste-Laurent for a dozen or so years When Bombardier was prospering. Welcome Le Vieil-Eau!

On a Mac when you post like I am doing there is a choice, "Post Quick Reply" or "Go Advanced." Choose the "Go" option and another screen pops open. You have to experiment with "Manage Attachments," and pretty much just follow the process, choose "upload" one at a time, "Preview" and finally, if you are happy and your photos are not upside down, "Submit Reply." It is a frustrating process until you have done it once or twice but it works.
Cold indeed and snowy. For now the boat is on the hard and at rest for... Well many months

L
Lou_tribal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 05:53 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
City: louisiana
Country: usa
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le_Vieil-Eau View Post
What is his name, in which kind of race? Maybe I saw him won and maybe I take some pics of him, who knows? I go every year to the Grand Prix. Please, tell me more

Alex Ardoin. He won the Star Mazda formula races in 2009 and 2010 and was third in 2008. For some reason he absolutely loved that circuit but he always seemed to excel in street races and tight quarters. Made me a bit nervous (as his major sponsor) due to the high cost of carbon fiber parts.
__________________

rardoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012