Hello from SW Florida...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nowakezone

Vessel Name
Sea-V
Vessel Make
Sea Ray 340
I found this site when researching standup engine rooms. The 2-15 thread started by Marinetrawler appeared in my search. After reading the first few pages I was so impressed with the community that I registered. I'm sure I will never provide as much help as I will receive here, but I will try.

We presently have a 340 Sea Ray. Wonderful boat! We've stayed aboard as long as 10 days and my lovely wife doesn't find it to be a cave. However, the time is drawing near when we can spend longer times on the boat and an upstairs and bridge will be nice...as well as an engine room versus engine space.

Fair winds and calm seas to everyone!

Welcome to the forum!

Ted

Welcome aboard, I sold my SeaRay 340 for a trawler. Love the space and got used to the slower pace.

Thanks everyone! Nice to see some trawler folks on the gulf coast.

I feel like I've seen Irish Lady before. We like to stay at Pink Shell mostly, occasionally South Seas. Maybe there?

CapeCodder, great to know you made the same transition! We love the 8.5 mph slow cruise. The only reason I go faster is exercise the 8.1's for 15 minutes. Then it's back down 1600 rpm.

I'm wondering if you or OC Diver take your boats north during the summer. Maybe blog about it? I'll search the forums for related posts. We think going up the east coast for summers would be great.

I'm wondering if you or OC Diver take your boats north during the summer. Maybe blog about it? I'll search the forums for related posts. We think going up the east coast for summers would be great.

Yes, I winter in Fort Myers and summer in Crisfield, MD on Chesapeake Bay. Stayed at Salty Sam's marina across from Fort Myers Beach last winter. Probably dock on Cape Coral this winter.

Here is a thread you might find interesting about cruising South from Chesapeake Bay to Fort Myers. January - February aren't the best months to cruise South. Much more enjoyable going south October through December and going North April - May.

Finally Heading South

Ted

I feel like I've seen Irish Lady before. We like to stay at Pink Shell mostly, occasionally South Seas. Maybe there?

CapeCodder, great to know you made the same transition! We love the 8.5 mph slow cruise. The only reason I go faster is exercise the 8.1's for 15 minutes. Then it's back down 1600 rpm.

Most of our cruising time is spent between Sarasota and Ft Myers/Ft Myers Beach.

This year I took an airplane, but usually cruise by boat, it's a great trip. Here's a cell phone photo of the Great Dismal Swamp Canal. Next time I plan to have good camara.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 52
I found this site when researching standup engine rooms. The 2-15 thread started by Marinetrawler appeared in my search. After reading the first few pages I was so impressed with the community that I registered. I'm sure I will never provide as much help as I will receive here, but I will try.

We presently have a 340 Sea Ray. Wonderful boat! We've stayed aboard as long as 10 days and my lovely wife doesn't find it to be a cave. However, the time is drawing near when we can spend longer times on the boat and an upstairs and bridge will be nice...as well as an engine room versus engine space.

Fair winds and calm seas to everyone!
Welcome aboard, My wife and I made the transition 5 years ago and have never looked back. We had a 290 SeaRay and decided we had reached the age where we wanted more room and wanted to cruise at a more leisurely pace. While technically, our boat is not a Trawler, we operate as one and spend 90% of our time at 7 knots. I do like the ability to speed up when needed. We have made 4 trips to the keys for diving in the last 5 years and are planning another for next spring. It is nice to get on a plane for the run from Marco Island to Marathon. I also know how cramped the "engine space" is in a SeaRay, and enjoy having more room to do maintenance. Good Luck with your search for a Trawler.

Welcome aboard! We live in Atlanta but keep our boat at Tarpon Point Marina- Cape Coral in the fleet at Southwest Florida Yachts. We get down 6-8 times a year and always include both Pink Shell and South Seas, as well as Useppa Island and Tween Waters on our trips. Hope to see you out on the water!

David Hughes
2009 Leopard 37 Powercat

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom