Hello from South Carolina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zetaetatheta

Thought I should join up and say hi as I had an offer accepted today on my first trawler. I have been going back and forth for 8 months looking for a sailboat or trawler to live-aboard 9 months a year and cruise 3 months (teacher). I found many sailboats in my price range but not many trawlers that were cruise ready (loose term I know). Any way my new home will be a MT34 double. I am in the process of getting survey and learning to pilot her. Another bucket list item (living on a boat) off the list. Anyway just saying hi.
Regards,
Mike

Hello and welcome, pictures of vessel are great

Welcome aboard The waters froze back in Iowa but its fine here. I love boat pix, to warm me up.

Craig

Hi Mike, and welcome. Where in SC? I noticed that you used the correct term====piloting. You seam to have already been studying up on things. You should catch on very quickly. The MT 34 is a great boat. We have a member here, Capt. Chuck on Beach House, that cruises theirs extensively. In fact they are probably in the Bahamas by now.

Be sure to put up some pictures when you get the boat.

Thanks

Thanks to all for the welcome. I will try and post some pics. I'm located south of myrtle beach in murrells inlet.

Welcome to the forum. I bought my first "big" boat from a dealer in Murrels Inlet in 1987. A 23' Sea Ox. Trailered it back to Louisiana and caught a bunch of fish out of her.
Steve W

Attachments

• th_9659F7BA-264D-4C84-98AB-37DB0CE36F27-1617-0000010560DFE372_zps1f50469e.jpg
    th_9659F7BA-264D-4C84-98AB-37DB0CE36F27-1617-0000010560DFE372_zps1f50469e.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 289
  • th_7E262A4D-419C-4A82-93C6-5E1A7B8A17CD-1617-0000010561614BC7_zps3488e310.jpg
    th_7E262A4D-419C-4A82-93C6-5E1A7B8A17CD-1617-0000010561614BC7_zps3488e310.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 275
  • th_2A332655-1F6F-4074-B405-6118EAD5A4E9-1617-00000105620436A7_zpsa596c29a.jpg
    th_2A332655-1F6F-4074-B405-6118EAD5A4E9-1617-00000105620436A7_zpsa596c29a.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 274
  • th_AAB34572-A6E2-47BC-9DAD-A4061C65BD0F-1617-00000105611F847E_zps657e8923.jpg
    th_AAB34572-A6E2-47BC-9DAD-A4061C65BD0F-1617-00000105611F847E_zps657e8923.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 261
HI Mike

From Salvador Brazil we welcome you....say safe!

A warm "welcome," and we hope that you post often. S.C. is a great place to have a trawler! Probably that is where I made my decision to go from sail to a trawler when I got too decrepit to climb the mast any more. I wanted to keep boating, and thought of all the really nice trawler people that I had met going up the ICW and stopping over in places like Charleston and Beaufort. So sold the sailboat, bought a trawler, and am happy as a pig in mud.

John

Welcome aboard Mike and congadulations on your new boat. Retired school Principal here, I envy what you are doing. Had a nice couple working for me, who, just before retirement(2 Years) bought a 42 GB, moved aboard in Boston Harbour. They survived the two winters and on retirement took off. That was 1995, they are still going, spend most of their time in the south, seldom go back north.

Nice pictures. Enjoy

Welcome Mike, good luck with the survey and wish we were further south about now!!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes'. Currently in escrow and only worries are all the exterior teak trim needs attention....I see hours, and hours, and .......

Hey Mike,

Welcome aboard. I'm just up the road from you in N Myrtle Beach. I was in Murrells Inlet last week visiting a cousin.

Where is the (your) boat now? Where are you planning on keeping it?

Please feel free to PM me for anything. KJ

Hey Mike,

Welcome aboard. I'm just up the road from you in N Myrtle Beach. I was in Murrells Inlet last week visiting a cousin.

Where is the (your) boat now? Where are you planning on keeping it?

Please feel free to PM me for anything. KJ

Hi KJ,
Boat is at Osprey,plan on keeping her there. About 5 miles from work.
Mike

Welcome to the forum. :)

I'm in South Carolina also, the Charleston area. My wife and I cruise the ICW and have been to Osprey Marina for fuel. The Waccamaw river is arguably the best portion of the AICW.

I had planned on cruising to the Chesapeake Bay this spring but medical issues have put this on hold so we'll probably cruise your area instead to stay closer to home.

Congrats, you wi love that area. I spent quite a bit of time in my cruiser on the Waccamaw River and have been into Osprey several times. I am considering docking there when I find my new to me tawler. Where are you teaching at in Murrells Inlet? I am a teaching as well/semi retired. The three months off in the summer allows for some long voyages.

Congrats, you wi love that area. I spent quite a bit of time in my cruiser on the Waccamaw River and have been into Osprey several times. I am considering docking there when I find my new to me tawler. Where are you teaching at in Murrells Inlet? I am a teaching as well/semi retired. The three months off in the summer allows for some long voyages.

Teaching at St James High. Boat is in escrow and hopefully xfer around the 21st.
Mike

Teaching at St James High. Boat is in escrow and hopefully xfer around the 21st.
Mike

I used to live not far from there off 544 between Socastee and the beach. I took the American Legion baseball team to St. James for a playoff game a few years back. Great area, I'll give you a shout the next time I'm down there.

Congratulations. I am new to this forum myself, and I too, have just put an offer on a beautiful Kady Krogen 42', with the survey to take place in two weeks.

If all goes as planned, my wife and i will start to move her north along the ICW during Easter vacation (she's a principal and I'm a retired one).

I really appreciate the postings and advice on this forum. So a big thanks to all of you, who make a newbie's life so much easier.

Richard

Welcome Richard. You got a great boat. Where are you starting from?

If all goes as planned, my wife and i will start to move her north along the ICW during Easter vacation (she's a principal and I'm a retired one).
I really appreciate the postings and advice on this forum. So a big thanks to all of you, who make a newbie's life so much easier.
Richard

Welcome,

Glad to see you are both Principals. As you will soon learn some of the folks here act as if they have little or none at times so any we can add will be of great help.:)

This is a great place to learn everything you want to know about boating and some things you really don't want to know anything about.

Good luck with the new boat and as you come through NC let the list know. We have several on here that are near the ICW in Oriental.

Thank you Don and Vinnie,

I'll be in Stuart Feb 21st to the 24th.
Then assuming all goes well, will return last week in March to begin journey north.

Richard

Welcome from Kansas, we keep the boat on the Mississippi River & liveaboard 9 months a year.

Congratulations for another new person to this forum. I am currently researching similar trawlers. One of my challenges is that I am 6'3". So my question is what is the headroom like on the MT34?

Congrats and welcome! Our last boat was a MT36 Sedan. Lot's of good times on her!

Thought I should join up and say hi as I had an offer accepted today on my first trawler. I have been going back and forth for 8 months looking for a sailboat or trawler to live-aboard 9 months a year and cruise 3 months (teacher). I found many sailboats in my price range but not many trawlers that were cruise ready (loose term I know). Any way my new home will be a MT34 double. I am in the process of getting survey and learning to pilot her. Another bucket list item (living on a boat) off the list. Anyway just saying hi.
Regards,
Mike

Welcome aboard!....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom