Hello, Questions, I've got questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I probably used up my quota on the seasickness reply, but let me vote a +1 for drinking the water on board. IF you use your water regularly, and refill from city water that's been treated, and do a treatment once or twice per season, the water will be fine.

I resent boat owners who let their water get so bad that it's become common knowledge never to drink boat water.

I have to keep bottled water on board in the summer or passengers and crew will become dehydrated rather than try the water on board. Even though there's a filter right on the faucet. Instead they drink the filtered tap water that comes in a plastic bottle. Go figure.

Totally agree.

I have forsaken the bottled water even for guests, as not wanting to encourage bad behavior. have two filters on line. Coming from NYC, where we are so proud of our water, I am sensitive to bad water, but our boat water is better than 1/2 of the country.

It's a wonder of marketing that they ahve been able to get people to spend so much on bottled water that is essentially the exact same water from your tap, only worse, i that it is in a plastic bottle that we will not discover the chemicals it has leeeched into our bodies for another 20 years. Then we'll look back and think "what the hell where we thinking"
but i digress.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom