Hello from Moondance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Southx10

Veteran Member
Hello All
My wife and I recently went to a trawler from a sailboat (imagine that). Moondance is a 1985 Marine Trader Sundeck 40. It is a learning experience. I will be asking for help in the transition. I also can provide help in some areas as well. We have removed our teak decks and restored the decks correctly to solid and watertight, repaired 400+ blisters. We have added 550 watts of solar and associated electrics, added to, replaced or repaired most other systems. Please be gentle

Welcome to the form and the dark side of cruising! :rolleyes: We're a friendly bunch here until you ask about anchors, single or twins, and a couple of other subjects. ;)

Ted

Congrats...sounds like you've been busy.
Did you do the work yourselves or have it done?
Do you have any pictures?

Welcome....Please send picture of your anchor.

Welcome....Please send picture of your anchor.

Whatever kind of anchor, it will be the wrong kind. He will also not have enough chain, and it will be the wrong size.:D

Welcome to TF.

I wouldn't post that picture if I were you. :nonono: :rolleyes:

Ted

Won't show you my anchor.

Welcome aboard. Just went to the dark side myself earlier this year. This a great forum.

Welcome aboard Southx10! Don't worry about all the anchor comments. We love to answer anchor questions and we never disagree,

I checked post #1 and nothing was said about anchors.
But coming from the dark side he probably has a CQR.

Hello All
My wife and I recently went to a trawler from a sailboat (imagine that). Moondance is a 1985 Marine Trader Sundeck 40. It is a learning experience. I will be asking for help in the transition. I also can provide help in some areas as well. We have removed our teak decks and restored the decks correctly to solid and watertight, repaired 400+ blisters. We have added 550 watts of solar and associated electrics, added to, replaced or repaired most other systems. Please be gentle

Moonstruck said:
Whatever kind of anchor, it will be the wrong kind. He will also not have enough chain, and it will be the wrong size.:D

Welcome to TF.

The Moon Units! That's kinda cute, don'tchathink?

Welcome Aboard! :thumb:

Now... Buckle Up - For Safety! :dance:

:speed boat::speed boat::speed boat:

Hello All

Welcome. To paraphrase a famous saying, "Never be afraid to try something new (even showing your anchor). Remember, amateurs built the Ark, experts built the Titanic".

Last edited:
Welcome. To paraphrase a famous saying, "Never be afraid to try something new (even showing your anchor). Remember, amateurs built the Ark, experts built the Titanic".

Excellent Statement! :thumb:

Thanks, Art

Excellent Statement! :thumb:

Thanks, Art

Thank you Art ! I'm quite often in San Rafael and Novato, let's meet someday at Montecino Plaza San Rafael just a short walking distance from your boat, for drinks and to chat about our boats if you like.

Kind regards

Olivier

And whatever you do, do not buy a shiny Ultra anchor.

BTW, I like your boat name.

Back
Top Bottom