Hello from a landlocked boater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nakika_guru

Hello,

My name is Rob and I'm happy to join the forum. I have captained and crewed on a number of different trawlers, ranging from GB36/42 in Chesapeake Bay, southwest Florida, and BVI to a Selene 66 we took from Portland to Seattle.

I am planning/hoping/praying to purchase a small trawler (28-36 foot range) next spring. I am somewhat familiar with GBs; I'm interested in all opinions about GB, Albin, Mainship, Marine Trader, Island Gypsy, Monk, etc.

My price range is under $30K, so I will be looking in the '80s and earlier. My dream boat today would likely be a Defever 49, but that's way out of my price range.

I live in Colorado and am contemplating a scenario where I will only keep the boat in the water for summer months. Why not charter you might ask? Well, its an option, but 1) I'll be singlehanding alot, 2) I love to tinker and work on boats, 3) I enjoy pride of ownership. Some of you may understand this; if you don't, then refer to Kenneth Grahame's quote "There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."

Thanks,
Rob

Welcome to the forum Rob and good luck with your boat search. Make sure you put up pictures when you buy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom