Hello from the Heartland.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Littlejoe

We live in Southern Indiana along the Ohio River. I have had many fishing boats and small pleasure boats over the years. We are looking for a Trawler/Tug to retire on. We are selling the farm and going to keep a couple acres for a Polebarn house with a shop and small apartment under one roof. It will be big enough to get the boat in for repairs in the summer months. We are going to head to south Florida from October thur May every year. We have a nice little dock in a inlet off the Ohio. It's only a couple miles from our Farm. We just started our search for a boat. We know we want a Trawler or Tug type with a Diesel engine. 28'-36' ft. We are looking for something to live aboard in South Florida every Winter. I am a very mechanical guy, but kinda worrying about making the trip down the Ohio and Mississippi. I am signing up for some boating classes from the coast guard. I grew up on the river and fished a lot of the lakes in IN, KY, TN, but I have never made a long trip on the river. I hope to learn a lot here.....

Thanks,
Littlejoe

Welcome aboard, I am sure our members will have many suggestions on suitable boats. 30-36ft boats might be a bit heavy to haul and put in the barn. The 25-29 Tugs would be ideal. Good luck

Ray

Welcome aboard, I am sure our members will have many suggestions on suitable boats. 30-36ft boats might be a bit heavy to haul and put in the barn. The 25-29 Tugs would be ideal. Good luck

Ray
I hope to keep it at a local dock when we are back in Indiana. But we are only a couple miles from the dock. I would like to find a boat and bring it home so we can set it up the way we want it. Then put it in the water and leave it...I have hauled heavy equipment all over the Country. As long as it is not to tall I can pull it. I have looked at Nordic 29 Tug and it has a trailer... I really liked it.

OTOH, more space might be preferable for a liveaboard situation in FL.

Some marine transport guys around here have hydraulic trailers for movements like that, not uncommon to drag 40s and even 50s -- over short distances and depending on overhead obstructions.

-Chris

Welcome aboard. Bypass the Ms and travel the TVA waterway. Much less stress. And get a big boat to live on.:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom