Hello from the Baltic Sea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waddenkruiser

Vessel Name
Sømarken
Vessel Make
AMS 40'
Hi,

reading TF since two years - now it's time to say Hello.

Living / working in Germany we are spending our vacancies in the Baltics with a strong preference for the Danish Island Bornholm (nearby Sweden).

Since last summer we call a 40' AMS our own. She was built 1977 by Ocean Marine / Kaohsiung and customized by AMS (Anker Marine Service) / Hamburg, where she has recently got a refit.

Wonder if there are other members cruising the Baltic Sea and / or with an AMS trawler?

All the Best for 2015!

Welcome Aboard

I am in Germany several times a year we have a office in Frankfurt

Welcome Wadden! Us ol' guys like pics. Show us your boat and the Baltic Sea. Its always fun to see what other member's back yard is like!

Welcome Wadden! Us ol' guys like pics. Show us your boat and the Baltic Sea. Its always fun to see what other member's back yard is like!

Some pics from our last trip to the Baltic Sea. We cruised from Berlin via Poland (Szczecin, Swinoujcie) and Ruegen (German island) to Bornholm (Danish island close to Sweden).

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1420389346.051515.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1420389367.368090.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1420389391.069657.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1420389410.321141.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1420389426.338152.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1420389444.593822.jpgImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1420389454.122759.jpg

best regards / med venlig hilsen
wadden

Testing higher resolution...

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1420390252.601290.jpg

wadden

Gorgeous!! Welcome aboard. We are on the Northern Gulf of Mexico, but hopefully there will be participants from your area that will pipe in.

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Wadden, welcome to TF, and thanks for posting the pictures. We love seeing different cruising areas.

Welcome, Wadden. We've cruised the canals, rivers and lakes of NE Germany (the old GDR) extensively. Love the Baltic. Tell us more about your AMS refit.

Welcome WaddenKruiser.

The first picture you admitted is that the Königsstuhl (King's Chair) on the Island of Rügen?

CeesH

The first picture you admitted is that the Königsstuhl (King's Chair) on the Island of Rügen?

CeesH

@ Reiziger: You're right. We had to stay some days at Sassnitz due to heavy winds and swell in the Southern Baltic. We made some bicycle tours, one took us to this very nice place.

@ All: Thanks for your kind welcome.

wadden

Love the pics

Nice pictures. Welcome.

I will follow much of your path this summer. Maybe we can meet at some point.

Welcome, Wadden, great to see another TF-member with a preference for the Baltic Sea.

Richard, I'm sure you'll enjoy cruising the Baltic Sea. Bornholm is for sure worth a visit, as are many other lovely islands and harbors.

Cheers, Georg (from Rostock).

I must say, I find that whole area of Europe much more appealing than the Med.

Because you are twisted:rofl:

Also because you like getting off the beaten track, as do most Nordy owners.
I'll be the first to admit that i like northern Europe better without the boat, and now with the added costs of the Med for a boat, forgetaboutit

Are you in the Pac NW now? for how long?

Because you are twisted:rofl:

Also because you like getting off the beaten track, as do most Nordy owners.
I'll be the first to admit that i like northern Europe better without the boat, and now with the added costs of the Med for a boat, forgetaboutit

Are you in the Pac NW now? for how long?

We are going out cruising (PNW) in the next several days and will be out for a few weeks. Twisted, once again. We will be here at least through to next fall, but it's entirely possible that we will stay longer.

We are going out cruising (PNW) in the next several days and will be out for a few weeks. Twisted, once again. We will be here at least through to next fall, but it's entirely possible that we will stay longer.

my Pac NW eta is currently May 2017 But don't tell anyone:D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom