Hello all from Binic France!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joel de Binic

Vessel Name
Dakoota
Vessel Make
Mainship Trawler 40 Expedition
Hello all Ladies and Gentlemen,:)

First excuse me please about my broken English cause I am French:blush:

My wife and I just have bought "Dakoota" (this is a Mainship Trawler 40 expedition built in 2007)

We live in Binic (Côtes d'Armor=Armor coast) in France near the sea ( sea's name is "Manche" (this is a part of Atlantic Ocean))

Our hobbies is first boats, sailing, history of boats, history of navigators (like Bernard Moitessier, Eric tabarly...), naval construction

I am mathematics teacher (applications of mathematics), my wife is an accountant in firm (enterprise) and also an excellent navigator.

I come here because in France there is no forum about Mainship boats.

Your posts about trawlers are very rich and interesting (I use a translator to help us to understand)

Best regards

Joel de Binic

Welcome aboard. Don’t worry about your English as a second language, it is much better than any of my second languages.

Joel, welcome to TF. And don't worry about your broken English, it's much better than my French. We recently took a trip to Europe that included four days in Paris. What a beautiful country you live in.

Bienvenue à bord

Salut Joel, bienvenue a bord, aucun doute que tu trouveras tout ce que tu cherche ici!

L

Bonjour,
Bienvenue d'abord. Mon francaise est tres pauvre. Je reconaitre deux phrases seulement de lecole secondaire. La plume de ma tante est bleu et Jean a une grande moustache...C'est tout!

Ici Jean...

200w.gif

Hi JDB,

Congratulations on your new MS Trawler and welcome TF to share and learn about trawler and cruising etc.

NBs

Bonjour Joel,

Et bienvenue aussi. Je suis moi même français et las de me faire insulter par mes compatriotes sur des sites de pseudo voileux qui ne connaissent rien aux trawlers, j'ai décidé aussi de rejoindre TF qui est une mine d'infos pour les trawleristes et offre une vraie ouverture sur le continent nord américain où j'espère bientôt me rendre avec Balder VIII. Je te conseille aussi l'excellente revue passagemaker.com , abonnement possible en iigne avec numéro à télécharger.
Fair winds and following seas
Dominique
MV Balder VIII
MMSI 227 399 280
Currently underway Lanzarote Canary islands

Hello all,
Many thanks to all of you for your welcome messages. It's nice to see people from different countries giving help on trawlers.

Best regards,

Joel de Binic

Bonjour Joel,
Welcome to the forum. I have found much useful information here.
You live in a wonderful place to be cruising!
After our Nimbus Owners 3 day AGM/Rally in Lymington, UK, we had a marvellous 2 weeks in France in May this year. We absolutely loved St Malo, Dinan and Brittany in general. We are looking forward to another 3 weeks in France same time in May 2019.
We found the coast and countryside stunning and the people warm and friendly.
Cheers,
Grae.

Hello all,
Many thanks to all of you for your welcome messages. It's nice to see people from different countries giving help on trawlers.

Best regards,

Joel de Binic

Bonjour Joel! I recently bought a 2004 Mainship 400, which is similar to yours but I have the smaller 4 cylinder Yanmars. I have owned it for only 3 weeks and, sadly, will have to lay up for the winter very soon. I suppose we will both be learning a lot about our new boats in the next months and years.

By the way, I think your English is just fine, certainly better than my French which I did take for 7 years in school. I am hoping to actually brush up on my French as I will be there around Christmas time this year to visit cousins of my wife who live in Deauville and also have a flat in Paris.

Back
Top Bottom