Hello from across the pond...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ifraser

Vessel Name
Miss Georgia
Vessel Make
C Kip 40
Hi, just thought I'd say a quick hello from the UK. I've owned and lived aboard a C Kip 40 for almost 4 years now. Unfortunately working full time shifts tends to keep my cruising limited but I do get away whenever I can. I'm lucky enough to retire in 7 years time at the age of 51 when I have much grander plans. I'd love to cruise the med but also the US ( do I put her on a ship or could I get across via Iceland and Greenland? Now that WOULD be an adventure!) Anyway, hi all, look forward to learning lots from you all and maybe chipping in myself occasionally. Cheers Iain

Welcome and cheers! I believe you will like it here!
H.Foster

Welcome! I'm curious about the price of fuel in the UK. What does marine diesel sell for over there? Is the price of diesel for boat (off road) use different from highway diesel.

Welcome! I'm curious about the price of fuel in the UK. What does marine diesel sell for over there? Is the price of diesel for boat (off road) use different from highway diesel.

Well now there's a question! We recently ( in the last few years ) ended up with a daft complicated system where you pay full road price for fuel used for propelling the boat but tax free for any fuel used for generating/hearing etc... You have to self declare the percentage but the accepted split is 60/40 propulsion/domestic use. Being a live aboard I claim a much higher domestic percentage but may one day have to justify it to the tax man. Road fuel price is around £1.40/ litre which equates to around $8 per US gallon if I'm correct in my maths and a US gallon is 3.75 litres. The duty free stuff is about 80 pence per litre...$4.60 per gallon. Crazy system imposed on us by Europe. All marine fuel used to be duty free but now we have this lash up! Sorry that a simple question was not quite a simple answer! Take care. Iain

Welcome aboard

welcome, I was a Norfolk boy, have been to Poole many times many years ago.

Thanks Ian, I'll feel a bit better now when fueling up!

Back
Top Bottom