Old 02-24-2013, 12:14 AM   #1

City: Port Aransas
Hello!

Hello, everyone! I've lurked the forums for a few days and decided to join. Being honest, I joined for primarily educational reasons, and I won't have a trawler/yacht for years to come.
Facts about myself:
I was raised near a marina, which is where my love of boats began.
I've spent about 1/20(I know, not enough) of my life on trawlers fishing and "shrimping".
Finally, I intend to save money throughout college for a trawler and all the bells and whistles that may come with it.
That's about it, I hope to expand my knowledge on boating in general. Thanks!
futuretrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:17 AM   #2
Grand Vizier

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuretrawler View Post
Hello, everyone! I've lurked the forums for a few days and decided to join. Being honest, I joined for primarily educational reasons, and I won't have a trawler/yacht for years to come.
Facts about myself:
I've spent about 1/20(I know, not enough) of my life on trawlers fishing and "shrimping".
Finally, I intend to save money throughout college for a trawler and all the bells and whistles that may come with it.
Welcome, FT. Hope you find yourself on a nice trawler at some point....
Old 02-24-2013, 01:04 AM   #3
Veteran Member

City: Tivat
Vessel Name: Nostra Signora
Vessel Model: Marine Trader CHB 34DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by futuretrawler View Post
Facts about myself:
Hi. I too am new here. I have quickly discovered there is an amazing amount of experience here and people that are very willing to part with it. Welcome.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:22 AM   #4
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Welcome, Futuretrawler! I wish you luck in your quest for a trawler. If I saved all my money during college for a boat, I would have had barely enough for a leaking old canoe. Much to much money was wasted on chasing women and alcohol....OK, so maybe it wasn't wasted!!

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:34 AM   #5

City: Port Aransas
Thanks for the welcome, guys! @Delfin, thanks! I'll probably settle for a worn old vessel at first, but it's better than nothing. Granted it doesn't sink, I don't lose 60+k and drown in debt, or water for that matter.
@sailtones, it does seem like everyone here knows what they're talking about, so hopefully it'll rub off on me. Thanks for the welcome!
@FlyWright, No, I think you spent your money pretty well! Thanks, you made me laugh.
futuretrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:59 AM   #6
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Welcome aboard.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:48 AM   #7
Guru

City: Springdale, NL
Vessel Name: Ocean Breeze
Vessel Model: Ocean Alexander 85OA38
Welcome too.. Yep, lots of great info here. Just a reminder there is a Search button to help with some of those items that you may have questions for, although it never hurts to ask. Most likely it has been talked about somewhere here. Enjoy and don't forget to Share your experiences as well, we can learn lots from you too.