Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello! My wife and I are hopefully going to be trawler owners in the next year or so and are researching everything we can find about different boat, engines, and the lifestyle in general. A little back ground: I come from a boating clan though more from a work stand point than strictly recreation. My father was a towboat Captain for nearly 40 years and I grew up around the big line boats pushing barges on the Mississippi and Ohio rivers. My first jobs out of high school was working as a deckhand on towboats. Later I worked on offshore supply boats as an engineer. I have had a love for boats and the water as long as I can remember but as they say--the world got in the way and although I work in the Gulf of Mexico on an Oil and Gas platform 14 days at a time, most of my traveling there is by helicopter. Recreationaly, the extent of boating has been occassional fish and ski boats on small lakes and rivers over the last 20 years but in the next year or so my wife and I plan on making the plunge and buying an older trawler and eventually living aboard, first on the Mississippi Gulf Coast then eventually in the Florida keys. Look forward to learning a lot here and being a part of the community!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom