Greetings from Green Bay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimmyV

Vessel Name
Paulie Sue & Jimmy II
Vessel Make
Wellcraft 3200 Martinique
Hello everyone. We are Paulette and Jim from Green Bay Wisconsin and currently own a 1995 Wellcraft 3200 Martinique and looking at moving towards a Trawler. I am looking forward to learning from all of you about different aspects of Trawler maintenance and cruising. I haven’t decided on a model yet and will hopefully gain knowledge and recommendations from you. I am looking at older Trawlers going back as far as 1984. I am not afraid of an older boat and actually like the classic look. I do want to have twin engines and a length over 40 feet.

Many thanks for future help.

Jim

Attachments

• 77D469CB-03EF-455D-AC9C-EA4C945FEAFE.jpg
    77D469CB-03EF-455D-AC9C-EA4C945FEAFE.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 38
Thanks RTF. I have read posts with knowledgeable comments from you. Look forward to learning more.

Welcome Jimmy
We are down in chicago. We bought a manatee a year ago; 36 feet single engine. When we stared looking we were looking 40-45 feet with twin diesels After looking for a couple of years we found what we wanted in terms of space, operating costs and maintenance. I would suggest you look at a lot of boats type prior to buying. When we thought about a 2nd stateroom, 2nd head we realized we did not want anyone hanging out with us more than a few days, so the 2nds would likely become storage/junk areas. Where we thought we wanted a twin, we realized it would double the maintenance cost and operating costs and not buy us much in the way of speed. We have learned how to maneuver the single as well as any twin (practice practice practice) and are fanatical about maintenance. Most failures are related to fuel, so. Twin is just twice the cost to fix and maintain.

We are apply with our Manatee. If you get to the Chicago area we would be happy to show her to you..

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome! We (Tom and Cindy) are just up the road from you in Sturgeon Bay. Our trawler is a 1984 Europa style Sea Ranger 43 and is our first boat. We purchased her in May after seriously considering an Ocean Alexander 40 (in Green Bay at Shipyard Marine). If you would like to take a road trip to see the design of our boat we'd be happy to show you. She is bedded down for the winter at Bay Marine (heated storage) and we are typically available on Monday or Tuesday.

Attachments

• Mary Barrow Inside Bay Marine Cropped.JPG
    Mary Barrow Inside Bay Marine Cropped.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 33
Welcome aboard from Lake Superior.

Back
Top Bottom