Greetings from a couple of sailers who are to old to sail and looking for a trawler.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joan

Vessel Name
Dreamtime
Vessel Make
31 Island Packet
We are currently the owners of S/V Dreamtime which is a 31 Island Packet that we bought in December 2015 after a dry period of 8 years since our last cruising boat a 33 CSY. Bruce had a 17' day sailer and enjoyed sailing that boat during the 8 years but it was very uncomfortable for two. Before the CSY we had an Alberg 30 and when we met Bruce had a 28' day sailer. Bruce has had boats, both sail and power, since he was in his twenties. He was also in boat sales for some time.

I began to sail in the early 1990's with the Mooring Sailing club in St. Petersburg. I grew up on the Tennessee River and was on the water from an early age, in fact my Dad built a 25' Cris Craft Cabin Cruiser in our carport when I was a kid. We launched it and cruised the river for several years as a family.

Bruce and I have discovered that we can no longer safely sail due to age, past injuries and health issues. So we have placed Dreamtime up for sale and are looking at our next vessel, which we feel will be a trawler.

I just found the Trawler Form in our search and look forward to learning about Trawlers so we can be informed before we purchase or next vessel.
So glad to find this forum, we are members of Seven Seas Cruisers Assn. and have used forums for all of our past vessels and found them to be very helpful. Look forward to getting to know the forum and all the cruisers.

Welcome to the "Dark Side". Lots of former sailors that have a ton of information to help you both out.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, just try and not start a discussion on Anchors or guns.
Best of luck.

Welcome to the forum!
Enjoy the search for your next boat.

Ted

Welcome from Down South, my brother just bought a 85' steel hull sailboat and he is in the process of evicting all the rust. When I want to feel better about my boat I go look at his.

Welcome aboard TF
Lots of friendly, helpful members & info here.
Enjoy the search and transition...I'm guessing when it's done you will be smiling :dance:

Greetings,
Mr. s. "...my brother just bought a 85' steel hull sailboat..." Well, now we know who got all the "smarts" in YOUR family.

giphy.gif

Well maybe but....... I did say it had a little rust
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1463234756.022823.jpg

Back
Top Bottom