Getting started, offer on the horizon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gracefilled

Vessel Name
LHDC
Vessel Make
Rinker 320 fiesta Vee
Almost a year ago i joined this forum. Was busy selling our home of 40 years to prepare for the "live aboard" life. In September we sold the house and now reside in a small condo with our adult son till we find the right trawler. Have looked at a few and find the Mainship to be suitable for our needs. Looking closely at a 2003 390 Mainship twin diesel. We scuba dive so the open stern to dive platform works for us. She sleeps 6, since this will be home it will be nice to have family and friends comeaboard and have a place to sleep. And since we are still "working for income (and medical insurance) she has space for clothing. Fingers crossed our offer is accepted. One step closer....

Greetings,
Mr. g. Have no fear. IF this is the "one", she will find you. Don't hesitate to walk away IF she doesn't "speak to you".

Welcome aboard, and my suggestion to first boat owners is always....
--Buy your second boat first.

By that I mean don't just buy a boat that blows your hair back. Look at it with your friends and family on board. Visualize how it will work out when the boat is crowded with friends, coolers, snacks, etc.

Many people buy a boat that turns them on only to find out a year or so later that it doesn't suit their needs. So they start looking again, sell or trade the first boat and buy the boat they should have bought first.

That gets VERY expensive. So take your time, spend some time sitting on lots of boats at lots of boat shows. Walk a lot of docks on the weekends and talk to owners about what they like and don't like about their boat.

Then go find the boat that blows your hair back and buy that one.

Welcome aboard, and if that is the boat that you want, then I will keep my fingers crossed that your offer is accepted. It is a nice life. Takes some getting used to, but a nice life nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom