Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-11-2015, 02:47 PM   #1
Member
 
n3qtrtme's Avatar
 
City: Marathon, FL
Country: United States
Vessel Name: Conchy Tonkin'
Vessel Model: Marine Trader Labelle 44
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 6
Finally got our MT Labelle and are liveaboards!

We finally got our ranch in Texas sold and bought a 1985 Marine Trader Labelle 44. The first few months have been all about cleaning, checking engine systems, digging through this old beast and figuring out where everything is and what it does and most importantly whether it's doing what it should. After 3 months, we are still finding things we didn't know were tucked into corners. Some good, some not quite as good.

Initially we hung out at Marina Jack's in Sarasota and got moved aboard. We learned a TON from our neighbors and finally cast off the lines last month and headed to Marathon. After spending a week holed up in the Shark River with no communications (great honeymoon destination for someone... LOL), we are parked at Keys Boat Works having a bearing replaced in the generator. Although it's been a lot of work, we are LOVING this lifestyle and all the characters we meet.

Next up, the Bahamas!
__________________
Advertisement

n3qtrtme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 03:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member
 
City: Louisville, KY
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Jessie
Vessel Model: 43' Marine Trader 49' Albin Tricabin
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 98
Good for you guys! That first step from dreamer to doer takes guts and commitment.

When the sun is setting tonight stand up on your sundeck and ask each other: "What is this worth?!"

You have what thousands of dreamers don't have.
__________________

Cuttyhunk47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 03:15 PM   #3
Guru
 
No Mast's Avatar
 
City: Atlantic Highlands, NJ
Country: US
Vessel Name: Moana Huaka'i
Vessel Model: Selene 53
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 816
That's great! welcome to the Forum and have fun out there!!!
No Mast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 03:18 PM   #4
Guru
 
City: Hotel, CA
Country: Fried
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 8,328
Awesome guys and love the screen name n3qrtrtme

Sounds like you've got this cruising thing figured out too. Step 1 untie from the dock, the other steps you will figure out as you go along.
__________________
Craig

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they've been fooled - Mark Twain
CPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:46 PM   #5
Member
 
n3qtrtme's Avatar
 
City: Marathon, FL
Country: United States
Vessel Name: Conchy Tonkin'
Vessel Model: Marine Trader Labelle 44
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 6
Rough life!

I was totally enjoying the sunset... Until the Captain yelled that he needed help stringing wires for the new solar panels. *sigh*
n3qtrtme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:47 PM   #6
Member
 
n3qtrtme's Avatar
 
City: Marathon, FL
Country: United States
Vessel Name: Conchy Tonkin'
Vessel Model: Marine Trader Labelle 44
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 6
I am definitely not a musician, too! ��
n3qtrtme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:47 PM   #7
Guru
 
Moonstruck's Avatar
 
City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPseudonym View Post
Awesome guys and love the screen name n3qrtrtme

Sounds like you've got this cruising thing figured out too. Step 1 untie from the dock, the other steps you will figure out as you go along.
Craig, I think that would be waltz along.
__________________
Don on Moonstruck
Sabre 42 Hardtop Express & Blackfin 25 CC
When cruising life is simpler, but on a grander scale (author unknown)
http://moonstruckblog.wordpress.com/
Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:55 PM   #8
Guru
 
siestakey's Avatar
 
City: Sarasota,FL/Thomasville,GA
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Steppin Stone IV
Vessel Model: Marine Trader Kelly Trawler 46
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,271
Send a message via Skype™ to siestakey
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3qtrtme View Post
We finally got our ranch in Texas sold and bought a 1985 Marine Trader Labelle 44. The first few months have been all about cleaning, checking engine systems, digging through this old beast and figuring out where everything is and what it does and most importantly whether it's doing what it should. After 3 months, we are still finding things we didn't know were tucked into corners. Some good, some not quite as good.

Initially we hung out at Marina Jack's in Sarasota and got moved aboard. We learned a TON from our neighbors and finally cast off the lines last month and headed to Marathon. After spending a week holed up in the Shark River with no communications (great honeymoon destination for someone... LOL), we are parked at Keys Boat Works having a bearing replaced in the generator. Although it's been a lot of work, we are LOVING this lifestyle and all the characters we meet.

Next up, the Bahamas!
Hey Guys missing you guys on G dock in Sarasota how is the cruising????
__________________
Alan
Skype roatan63
siestakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 08:10 PM   #9
Member
 
n3qtrtme's Avatar
 
City: Marathon, FL
Country: United States
Vessel Name: Conchy Tonkin'
Vessel Model: Marine Trader Labelle 44
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 6
After waiting for over 4 months on a generator repair with All Keys Diesel (DO NOT use them!) in Marathon, we should be headed to the Bahamas in about a week and a half, depending on weather windows. Was just thinking of you yesterday! Hope all is well on G dock and you are staying warm! This cruising thing is a ton of work but oh, so fun!
n3qtrtme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:11 PM   #10
Guru
 
Alaskan Sea-Duction's Avatar
 
City: Inside Passage Summer/Columbia River Winter
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Model: 1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,160
Awesome. Welcome and more pics please
__________________
1988 M/Y Camargue Yacht Fisher
Alaskan Sea-Duction
MMSI: 338131469
Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/
Alaskan Sea-Duction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 07:30 AM   #11
Veteran Member
 
raymond.goff's Avatar
 
City: Cincinnati
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Liberty
Vessel Model: Marine Trader
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 65
Welcome to MT Family.




Ray & Barb Goff
Cincinnati

1978 MT 34 DC - www.libertytrawler.com

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler Forum
__________________
Ray & Barb Goff
1978 Marine Trader 34
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.libertytrawler.com/
raymond.goff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 08:28 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
ddalme's Avatar
 
City: LAFAYETTE,LA
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Relenti
Vessel Model: Atlantic 30, 1983
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3qtrtme View Post
After waiting for over 4 months on a generator repair with All Keys Diesel (DO NOT use them!) in Marathon, we should be headed to the Bahamas in about a week and a half, depending on weather windows. Was just thinking of you yesterday! Hope all is well on G dock and you are staying warm! This cruising thing is a ton of work but oh, so fun!
n3
What was the issue-parts? labor?
__________________

ddalme is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012