Experienced Adventurers New to Trawlers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mvtraveler73

Vessel Name
Traveler
Vessel Make
Bristol 42
Greetings! I'm retiring from teaching, the admiral is a traveling nurse. At first we were going to get a big live-in RV and move from assignment to assignment. But we've spent our lives hiking, rafting, and dragging trailers all over the Rocky Mountains; it's time to switch it up. In a giant leap from Colorado, we are now the proud owners of Traveler, our 1973 42' Bristol Trawler. She's on the hard in Shady Side, MD until I finish the school year, but the goal is to have her in the water by June 15. I confess I'm having trouble staying focused on grading papers this month.

Thanks so much for posting all the great info on this site. It's become a regular surfing stop for me, and I'm learning how much I don't know. If you're in the Chesapeake Bay area in June, hit us up. The refreshments are always cold, and we're looking forward to making new friends.

Happy Cruising!

Dave and Pia
mvtraveler73@gmail.com

Dave, I can imagine you want to take a whole stack of those student papers outside and toss them up in a strong wind. You're just two months away from pulling up the anchor at school and setting out on new adventures. Hang in there, then let 'er rip!

Welcome aboard. We looked at several Bristol 42s in our search before finding out Cheoy Lee 40.
I hope you will be very happy with Traveler. They seemed to be well designed and well built boats. See you on the water later this year.
JohnS, La Vita Dolce

I confess I'm having trouble staying focused on grading papers this month.

At this point, why are you even giving homework, papers, quizzes and tests?? How is your lesson plan not filled with Oral Reports and 'paper mache' projects? What are they going to do, threaten your 2019/2020 contract if you don't properly follow your curriculum?

Honestly, who would even know or care??

At this point, why are you even giving homework, papers, quizzes and tests?? How is your lesson plan not filled with Oral Reports and 'paper mache' projects? What are they going to do, threaten your 2019/2020 contract if you don't properly follow your curriculum?

Honestly, who would even know or care??

Honestly, Shrew, I intend to be as conscientious on the water as I am in the classroom. I'm not going to sacrifice the quality or quantity of my effort just because I'm close to the finish. Regarding my curriculum and lessons, planning one's work is easy, working one's plan is harder. Finally, who would even know or care? I would, and so would my students. I work for them, not for a contract.

Thanks for reminding me why I'm still here. Happy cruising to you and yours.

Honestly, Shrew, I intend to be as conscientious on the water as I am in the classroom. I'm not going to sacrifice the quality or quantity of my effort just because I'm close to the finish. Regarding my curriculum and lessons, planning one's work is easy, working one's plan is harder. Finally, who would even know or care? I would, and so would my students. I work for them, not for a contract.

Thanks for reminding me why I'm still here. Happy cruising to you and yours.
Great response
If it's worth doing.... it's worth doing right.
Time will fly by quickly.
Good luck w your new adventures.

You can dream about your boat as you go to sleep, best sleeping pill ever.

Back
Top Bottom