Checking in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sunset

Vessel Name
Manatee
Vessel Make
1976 Albin 25 DeLuxe
Hello folks - I'm just at the hopin' and dreamin' stage right now, but I typically somehow end up making my hopes and dreams a reality . . . somehow! :lol:

In my past is 5 years with the care and control of a Mirage 29 sailboat on Lake Ontario, 2 cat charters in BVI, a few years with a Sea Ray 26 (weekend use), cottage with small 'toon, and I currently live on an inland lake with a bowrider and a 60s era aluminum Crestliner project underway. Unable to upload the Crestliner as my av for some reason.

I'm planning toward retirement year-round in a few years, running North and South with the seasons with my wife on a power cruiser and the trawler has been a perennial favourite with me. Need to be able to run over to the Bahamas, even if I never do, I want to know I can. ;)

I'll be listening in on the accumulated wisdom of you folks, hoping to flatten the steep learning curve somewhat. In my past I read everything I could on liveaboard and cruising sail, but for untold reasons am committed to power for my (our) future.

Cheers!:thumb:

Hi Sunset and welcome aboard. Are you from Sharbot Lake in Eastern Ontario?? I spent a lot of time in that area as a kid,Sharbot Lake, Silver Lake, Black Lake provincial parks, my dad loved that area and so did the rest of the family. Keep the dreams alive, they will come true.

dreamin

Hi sunset, I am at similar stage with boating life. Am interested in what you have in mind for a boat and where you hope to travel. Currently have a 21ft. Jeanneau,inboard yannmar diesel. Looking at something 31ft.

Oops - I see the Crestliner did load after all! :)

LaBomba - - - -> yep, I now live on Eagle Lake and have my office on 7 beside the Esso! Lovin' it here! Land of 5,000 lakes, and nothing but rocks and trees.

Dreamin' -----> I'm really just starting to take it seriously. I've been checking out small stuff like Cavalier 24s etc. for immediate use but have decided I'd be wasting money, really. Too big for my lake, don't really want to buy a truck to haul it, and not ready yet for a dockside lifestyle on the Big Lake. So better to plan for someting we can live on, and I imagine I'll have to look at something near 40 feet if I hope to coax my wife aboard. :lol:

Now officially a Yachtsman! :lol:

Thanks Moonstruck - I'll certainly post my successes . . . :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom