Boatless in Seattle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smorlidge

Vessel Name
Skylark
Vessel Make
Helmsman Trawler 31
Hello!
We have been lurking here for a few weeks, doing our research. We are in Seattle, looking for a 34' - 40' trawler to go explore the San Juan Islands in. Thank you in advance for your advice and guidance as we refine our ideas about what we are looking for! Or biggest challenges are headroom - husband is 6'3", and diesel fumes as our boat will be moored in a residential area and we want to stay on good terms with our neighbors!
Cheers
Sarah

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy the search for your next boat.

Ted

Hello!
We have been lurking here for a few weeks, doing our research. We are in Seattle, looking for a 34' - 40' trawler to go explore the San Juan Islands in. Thank you in advance for your advice and guidance as we refine our ideas about what we are looking for! Or biggest challenges are headroom - husband is 6'3", and diesel fumes as our boat will be moored in a residential area and we want to stay on good terms with our neighbors!
Cheers
Sarah

Welcome!

If you can tie up your boat in a residential area in Seattle, you are in more danger from diesel Mercedes and Audis than a boat.

Lots of boats in that size range. Ask yourself:
- How much are you willing to spend?
- How fast do you want/need to travel?
- How many folks will typically be on board and for how long?

The answer to those questions will start to narrow down the boat selection tremendously.

Good luck with your search. I would only look at a diesel.

Welcome. We just put an offer in on a CHB 34 . We live in Puyallup but currently have our Bayliner moored in Tacoma. I suppose were on the same journey.

Im new to the forum and I'm not good at adding a picture. I know i can email one to you.
Theres not much on the plate though. It says American Marine Limited. #48-61. Built in Hong Kong.

Back
Top Bottom