Boating Newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bradkap

Hello All:

I just took the ASA 101, 103 and 104 courses. I was thinking about going the sailing route. Still may. But at the yacht club in which i trained there were several Nordic Tugs. They stole my heart. I can not get them out of my head. They may be the perfect compromise for my wife (who has no interest in learning to sail, but is perfectly happy to help out when needed) and me who wants to get out and explore. We would be based in Traverse City, MI and hope to wonder around the Great Lakes and more !

I would love to hear all of your thoughts and opinions on training, safety and of course your experiences with boat types, brands, models and travel experiences.

Brad

But at the yacht club in which i trained there were several Nordic Tugs. They stole my heart. I can not get them out of my head.
Welcome! I completely understand your love affair with the NT. IMHO, it would be a great boat for exploring the great lakes.

My situation is similar. I love sailing, my wife not so. We both love being on the water so settled on a trawler. Motoring is much noisier than sailing but when there is no wind, which is quite often during our summers, you are motoring either way. Like many things, boating is all about compromises. I have friends with sailboats.

Hello All:

I just took the ASA 101, 103 and 104 courses. I was thinking about going the sailing route. Still may. But at the yacht club in which i trained there were several Nordic Tugs. They stole my heart. I can not get them out of my head. They may be the perfect compromise for my wife (who has no interest in learning to sail, but is perfectly happy to help out when needed) and me who wants to get out and explore. We would be based in Traverse City, MI and hope to wonder around the Great Lakes and more !

I would love to hear all of your thoughts and opinions on training, safety and of course your experiences with boat types, brands, models and travel experiences.

Brad
Welcome to the TF. I was down in Florida visiting my sister on her Mainship 40, when a group of Loopers came into Ft. Pierce Marina. One of them had a 36ft Nordic Tug. I fell in love too. There are lots of them out there. They are a but more expensive, but their fit and finish is worth it. If I ever buy another boat that would be it.

I used to sail too. Lakes mostly. Half of my family sold their homes and have been liveaboards for years. Cruising is what I am working on. Research, crawl all over many boats and you will know when the right one pops up. Mine was at a car dealer in Carmel Indiana!

Again welcome...hope to see you on the water.

Back
Top Bottom