Barco Sin Vela checking aboard.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Barco Sin Vela
Vessel Make
Nova Heritage East SD 40
Hello all. We are the Barco Sin Vela II, 23 years of boating and still learning! Started out in '90 with a Hobie 16, next up was a Sovereign 7M sloop followed in '94 with a Watkins 27 sloop. 1996 moved up to a 43' Morgan which we lived aboard at St Katharines Dock for three years. Sailed home to Florida via Europe and Caribbean and had to hand steer for 23 days straight! Acquired Barco Sin Vela (Marine Trader SD 40) in 2004. Barco Sin Vela II is a Nova Heritage East SD 40 which came to us in 2008.

50T Master and still know next to nothing...
Experience:
Skippered Atlantic crossing and did a South Pacific delivery sailing from Cook Islands to Oz via Beveridge Reef(!), Niue, Tonga, Fiji.

Note: Beveridge Reef is the finest anchorage I have ever visited. The photo attached is a NASA photo from Wiki.

Attachments

• Beveridge_Reef1.jpg
    Beveridge_Reef1.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Welcome aboard. Thanks for posting the pictures. I can relate to your stated occupation. Jax is assumed to be Jacksonville, FL. Is that correct? Tell us about some of your adventures on the high seas.

Yes, Jacksonville is the home.
We try to get out on the water as often as possible. As for adventures, I have plenty of sea stories, here are some from the Atlantic Crossing.

Great blog. Now, please tell us about the name. You should be an interesting addition to TF.

Photo from last Saturday

Barco Sin Vela was caught by camera phone above the St Johns River...

Attachments

• Barco 27 July 13.jpg
    Barco 27 July 13.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 198
Nice boat name! JJW reference? Big fan here.

Last edited:
Very nice blog. Welcome aboard TF, where you'll find many of us have Barcos sin dinero.

Back
Top Bottom