Another from Oz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grantm

Vessel Name
Katie Lou
Vessel Make
Kingston 770
Hi all,

Great forum guys love the info !

New member from Gods country Australia ! Central coast just north of Sydney.

Had my 26 ft Kingston cruiser for a few years and slowly doing it up. Seems though as fast as I can refurb things they need doing again LOL

Powered by a Perkins 4236 which is a bit long in the tooth, but still runs great.

Although I'm a mechanic by trade I'm not a diesel expert so I'm hoping to get some info on the Perkins and a few related things which ill post up soon.

Cheers !

Welcome Grant. You'll find over time there are now quite a few of us from Downunder - we even have our own section in the Cruising Region section. I'm based in Brisbane, another moderator, BruceK in Sydney. There are quite a number of others scattered round the country...too many to mention here, but just keep your eyes peeled and you'll spot'em. I can't think right off of anyone in the Gosford/Newcastle area, but there is bound to be someone. Hopefully they will chime in if so..?

Welcome aboard Grant.

Neat boat, Grant. I empathize with you totally about keeping up with a boat. It's hard to believe how much Aussie influence had come aboard the forum in the last couple of years. Great to see it.

Welcome , cool boat . I have old rebuilt Perkins in mine . These guy's here have helped me a bunch with mine already.

Thanks guys!

Here's a few pics

image-2814681329.jpg

image-1475960388.jpg

image-3484559389.jpg

image-3011042086.jpg

image-326800763.jpg

Hi Grant, welcome. Your boat looks a credit to you inside.
I have a mate with a 4cylinder Volvo, really a Perkins, seems Volvo did the marinising, including the raw water pump which was leaking water into the block. I`ve had a Perkins engine, they are good, and you can get parts, via Brisbane I think.
Are you on Lake Macquarie, or Brisbane water with Hawkesbury access?

Hi mate,

I'm on Brisbane Waters but tend not to venture outside, maybe when I finish some more jobs :)

Ill try and find some before shots too.

Still got the outside to do !

Cheers

Welcome on board mate.
You will get a bit of fun and a lot of info out of this site.
Cheers
Benn

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom