Another Newbie Aboard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soulseer

Just wanted to say hello finally after lurking on the site for a while. I've really enjoyed all the lively discussions and plentiful information here - a lot of great people here.

My wife and I have recently become a lot more serious about entering the boating world, and in particular the trawler community ... but we are true amateurs and nervous about it all at that. I served in the Navy and aboard a few ships, so I'm definitely more in tune with the lingo, but being raised in the middle of Texas I never had the opportunity to really spend time on a boat (as opposed to a massive ship). My wife has always enjoyed other people's boats and we recently discovered that we shared this in common. Two things we both like doing is traveling and being near the water, so everything fits for us.

Sadly, we're also living overseas (remember the travel bug thingy), so this dream of ours - having a boat - is still a ways off ... probably 3-4 years. But when we do get it, we'll initially be out of the Pasadena/Annapolis Md area ... so I'm looking forward to perhaps getting the chance to meet others from the forum.

Just as a background - we're hoping to start with a coastal trawler to get our feet wet and learn as much as we can (which in our case will be from zero), and eventually sell it all and grab a blue water boat to live aboard for the world adventure in retirement (health permitting).

Cheers!

Welcome!!

Welcome, Annapolis and the whole Chesapeake Bay is a wonderful area.

Welcome aboard

your in a great area

Back
Top Bottom