1981 ocean alexander 43

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rteichelII

Vessel Name
Lady Jacquelyn
Vessel Make
1981 43 1/2 Ocean Alexander
Brand new to this site. Also new to trawlers. Have been a power boater for over 50 years. Currently own a 1973 Post 40 convertible as well as the new purchase of the Ocean Alexander. Need to find original specs on prop size, etc. She is a 43' aft cabin with a single Lehman 120 hp. Current prop(when purchased) is a 28x20 three blade. I have not launched yet so I have no idea of the cruise speed, etc. Any and all info regarding the right propeller would would be appreciated. ::) Thanks.

No information on your Ocean but welcome to the forum:)

Welcome also, someone will chime in with some info.

... the new purchase of the Ocean Alexander. Need to find original specs on prop size, etc. She is a 43' aft cabin with a single Lehman 120 hp. Current prop(when purchased) is a 28x20 three blade. I have not launched yet so I have no idea of the cruise speed, etc. Any and all info regarding the right propeller would would be appreciated. ::) Thanks.

Said boat would not be in Chesapeake, Va. would it?

For prop size, go to the calculator at boatdiesel.com - weight is important to know. Can your yard weigh the vessel on the slings? With a single Lehman on your (how) heavy vessel you don't want it over propped.

Does previous owner have any speed vs RPM data? During sea trial was a max RPM test done, both in neutral and while underway? Any over heating show up? Last but not least, verify RPM accuracy with a photo tach.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom