Would You Do It?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
We are going to be on the Almalfi Coast next month.

One of my wife's bucket list items was to zip line through the tropical forest in Costa Rica which we did this past February. Today I was looking for things to do on the Almalfi and came across this.

I am really tempted, but also not really tempted - like hopping from foot to foot if you know what I mean! The missus says she will go if I want to go!

Would you? Probably one and done if I do it! (I mean I won't ever do it again, not being fatalistic!).

Last edited:
I am a bit of a thrill seeker. I don’t really see much of a thrill here. If it’s the only way to see a spectacular view then sure I would do it. I often ride the peak to peak tram at Whistler. I do it not for the thrill but to get to the ski slopes on the other side.

While on the Amalfi Coast I recommend going to Capri and taking the chair ride to the top. Why? Because the Amalfi Coast line is so spectacular.

I am a bit of a thrill seeker. I don’t really see much of a thrill here. If it’s the only way to see a spectacular view then sure I would do it. I often ride the peak to peak tram at Whistler. I do it not for the thrill but to get to the ski slopes on the other side.

While on the Amalfi Coast I recommend going to Capri and taking the chair ride to the top. Why? Because the Amalfi Coast line is so spectacular.

Tram? Chair lift?

What video did you watch?

Charter a small boat with captain and swim/snorkel the caves the entire way around Capri. An all day event that we felt was entire worth the day and money.

IMG_1255.jpgIMG_1113.jpg

Consider the Cinque Terre instead ?

The Amalfi Coast is one of the most romantic spots on earth. You may find yourselves not leaving the hotel room much. Capri is very cool if you have the time, but in some ways we enjoy Pompeii and Herculaneum more, plus the food in Naples. But you have to try very hard not to have a good time regardless of which options you choose. In our opinion no need for gimmicky thrill rides. Just do it!

John, looking at hiring a center console or bow rider to bare boat for the day. Unfortunately they seem to be captained or group only unless I get further south.

Consider the Cinque Terre instead ?

Bruce, we were in Positano with the children about 10 years ago and wanted to go back just the two of us ever since. On our way back from the Middle East so just looking to chill.

The Amalfi Coast is one of the most romantic spots on earth. You may find yourselves not leaving the hotel room much. Capri is very cool if you have the time, but in some ways we enjoy Pompeii and Herculaneum more, plus the food in Naples. But you have to try very hard not to have a good time regardless of which options you choose. In our opinion no need for gimmicky thrill rides. Just do it!

We have already "done" it with the children previously and yes, this is a chill out five days or so. We did Herculaneum the last time, maybe Pompeii this time since it will be near the end of the season and quieter.

Out hotel: Positano Hotel Buca di Bacco, Amalfi Coast

But thought we would also hire a car and drive down the length of the coast and maybe do the zip line then.

Last edited:
Get a guided tour at Pompeii. We highly recommend the National Archeological Museum in Naples before going to Pompeii, as it is where, amongst many other things, they put the objects found at Pompeii as they dug it out. Spectacular. Plus you can walk a few blocks down to Via Tribunali and get a pizza at Sorbillo or Di Matteo which are worth the plane ride IMO.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom