Old 06-14-2015, 01:19 PM   #1

City: Great Lakes
Vessel Name: NONE
Vessel Model: NONE
The world has gone completely insane

You just know the world has finally gone completely insane when......

Texas police shut down girls' lemonade stand, demand permit | abc13.com
Capt Kangeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 02:11 PM   #2
Guru

City: Windsor
Vessel Name: Keeper IV
Vessel Model: 44 Viking ACMY
Not surprised, we had an incident where the local churches Ladies Auxiliary made sandwiches to sell at the local art show. Health Dept. walked in and poured bleach over them so they couldn't be sold. Seems the sandwiches were made in the Church kitchen, which isn't licensed.
Go figure.
mbevins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 02:12 PM   #3
Guru

City: Tampa
More be government stupidity!
Unfortunately, this is not the first kids stand to be shut down around the country over such nonsense.

I'd love to live there though. Must be completely crime free to have time to mess with such triviality.

I love their idea though.
They'll give it away and accept donations:-)

I would be inclined to send them the remaining $75.00 fir their fathers' day present to their dad,, and just let let them give the drinks away without donations, keeping the gendarmes off their backs.

what utter stupidity!

OD
Old 06-14-2015, 10:02 PM   #4
Guru

City: Tavernier, FL
Vessel Name: Volans
Vessel Model: 2001 PDQ MV 32
Thread name: "the world has gone completely insane" posted by "Captain Kangaroo"

I was laughing before I clicked on the link

actually quite a sombering subject really...another case of government gone awry...
Gabe n Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 06:24 AM   #5
FF
Guru

"They'll give it away and accept donations:-)"

Perhaps they could use the Clinton pass thru "not for profit" tax machine , tho loosing 90% to the Clintons for "costs" might slow the collection.
FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:47 AM   #6

Maybe the two officers who traumatized these two young girls should pay a visit to this lemonade stand.

All kidding aside, I find this absurd to the point of being humorous but sadly this is the world we are leaving our grandchildren. Law or no law, any over zealous cop who tried to shut down a child's lemonade stand 25 years ago would have been publicly ridiculed and likely fired. At the risk of sounding melodramatic, our parents fought and died for freedom from such insidious oppression as this, our generation is tossing it away like worthless confetti. I'm glad I was born when I was and I feel sorry for our grand-kids because who in their right mind would want to live in the world our generation has created and is handing over to them.

Now if you'll excuse me I think I'll go ride my uninsured, unlicensed bicycle down the sidewalk with no helmet on in protest.
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2015, 08:54 AM   #7
Guru

City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
I thought that Capt. Kangaroo would be on the side of those criminal little girls. Aiding and abetting is what it is.

Pushing lemonade today. What's next tomorrow. Can't be too careful you know. Preemptive crime fighting.
https://moonstruckblog.wordpress.com/
Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:30 AM   #8

I don't know Don but I'm thinking the girls may be on to something. I may set up a lemonade stand at the end of my dock and collect "donations" for my cruising fund. I'll check with the local bylaw officer, state licensing authority, Dept of Health and federal Ministry of Environment on the legalities and let you know.
Old 06-15-2015, 05:55 PM   #9
Guru

City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Kangeroo View Post
I don't know Don but I'm thinking the girls may be on to something. I may set up a lemonade stand at the end of my dock and collect "donations" for my cruising fund. I'll check with the local bylaw officer, state licensing authority, Dept of Health and federal Ministry of Environment on the legalities and let you know.
Oh, just pay the graft, and get on with it.
https://moonstruckblog.wordpress.com/
Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 02:15 PM   #10
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Those two girls are just a couple of opportunistic capitalists! I'm sure they had no plans to pay their taxes or share their new found wealth with those less fortunate like the inner city kids who don't have access to lemonade. If it wasn't for the subsidies provided by their parents, these little ankle biters might never have had the chance to break the law so brazenly. So both kids and their accomplice parents should be held accountable and forced to make amends to the community at large! (tongue planted firmly in cheek)

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote