Old 01-26-2012, 07:36 AM   #1
Doc
Guru

Women!

Bless their hearts but they are just different.* A true story.

Yesterday my wife called home in a panic because she had lost a credit card while out and about. She got gas, picked up the dog from the beauty shop, etc.

What "might" have happened she said was that after paying for her gas she stuck the credit card into her pocket instead of putting back in her purse. After backtracking for about an hour she found it at the gas station. Someone had turned it in. She called me and I gave her a stern lecture about always putting the credit card back into her purse rather than putting in her pocket.

When she got home I said "I hope you have learning something from this". She said that she had*and she stopped on the way home and bought a new purse.

-- Edited by Doc on Thursday 26th of January 2012 08:39:13 AM

Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
Guru

RE: Women!

In defence of the fair sex, did you get a look at Arizona governer Jan Brewer telling the Messiah where to get off?

ancora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:08 PM   #3
JD
Guru

City: New Bern NC
Vessel Name: Stella Di Mare
Vessel Model: Mainship 34t

Quote:
ancora wrote:
In defence of the fair sex, did you get a look at Arizona governer Jan Brewer telling the Messiah where to get off?
Yes as a matter of fact.* Just as ignorant as the jerk last year in the house.* I'm not saying she may have had cause but there is a time and place for everything.* But then again I wouldn't expect you to understand that.
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:49 PM   #4
JD
Guru

Quote:
charles wrote:

JD, read what Obama said to her to get the ball rolling. NOT as you think
SAME thing happend when he visited Louisiana and our governor. SAME thing, he started it.

Charles there is no need for you to scream your words with caps.* Really, but I do love the "he started it" routine.* That's grown up.*
*After reading this report it seems the the President didn't want to talk about what she wanted to talk about.*** I didn't know it was up to the Gov. to decide what the President talked to them about.* I'll have to remember that the next time I meet with one.

Here is a direct quote.

"The Arizona Daily star reports that Brewer said she wanted to talk to the president about jobs and the economy, but he changed the subject to her new book Scorpions for Breakfast.

Brewer said President Obama was "disenchanted" with the way a 2010 meeting between the two at the White House was portrayed. According to the AP, in the book Brewer writes that President Obama lectured her on her immigration policy.

"I felt minimized to say the least," Brewer writes in the book.

Brewer says she told the president she was sorry he felt that way about the book. In an interview with Channel 12 in Phoenix, Brewer defended her book saying her account of the meetings with President Obama were "factual, truthful."

Still, she said, "I was not hostile."

The Arizona Republic got this explanation from the White House:
<blockquote class="edTag">
"The governor handed the president a letter and said she was inviting him to meet with her. The president said he'd be glad to meet with her again, but did note that after their last meeting, a cordial discussion in the Oval Office, the governor inaccurately described the meeting in her book."

In an interview with Fox News, last night, Brewer was less diplomatic. She called the talk a "terrible encounter" and called the president "thin skinned."

"I want our borders secured. I want our nation protected. He wants amnesty," Brewer said. "We're never going to agree. I don't know why he was surprised by my book.""

The whole article is below.* So she* then went on FOX News and was less diplomatic.* Maybe she is wanting to get into the debates between the two buffoons. Seems she will fit.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...ing-with-obama
Old 01-26-2012, 02:16 PM   #5
Guru

City: Whittier AK
Vessel Name: Apache II
Vessel Model: 1974 Donald Jones

Quote:
JD wrote:

*** I didn't know it was up to the Gov. to decide what the President talked to them about.* I'll have to remember that the next time I meet with one.

*This is still a free country. Obamma is not a King or Emperor.

Any meeting between two people both have the right to dialog or not.

*He walked away.

There you go.

SD

skipperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #6
JD
Guru

Quote:
skipperdude wrote:JD wrote:***** I didn't know it was up to the Gov. to decide what the President talked to them about.* I'll have to remember that the next time I meet with one.**
*This is still a free country. Obamma is not a King or Emperor.

Any meeting between two people both have the right to dialog or not.

*He walked away.

There you go.

SD
*I agree it is a free country.* I'm not the one that brought it up.* It was brought up by the pot stirrer and then my comment was refuted by someone else.**But he is the President and*some things have some protocol.* As in a meeting in your bakery between you and your employees, you set the agenda they do not.* True they do not have to attend or*listen to you but I'm betting they will not be getting a pay check there any more either if they don't.

As you said he walked away so no big deal.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:59 PM   #7
Guru

yeah but when is protocol used.

Arn't there state's rights. Was he or was he not on her turf so to speak.

He is not her boss. Both are elected officials.

I wonder what protocol was in effect?

SD
Old 01-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #8
Doc
Guru

What's all this got to do with my wife's new purse?
Old 01-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #9
Guru

Did she point her finger at you when she told you she bought it?

SD
Old 01-26-2012, 03:36 PM   #10
Guru

City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express

Quote:
JD wrote:***** I didn't know it was up to the Gov. to decide what the President talked to them about.* I'll have to remember that the next time I meet with one.**

*JD, the way that I look at it is that they are both elected officials. *She works for the people of Arizona. *Obama *works for the people of the US. *It seems she wanted to talk about a substantive issue, and he wanted to get something personal off his chest. *He is suing the state of Arizona. *It is pretty obvious that they don't see eye to eye. *However, personal business should not enter into it, but we all know that it does. *There should be an adult in the mix somewhere.
Moonstruck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:51 PM   #11
Guru

Obummer works for the people of the U.S.? Now that's a good one, wish I'd thought of it.
ancora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #12
Guru

City: Port Orchard, WA
Vessel Name: Violet A
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 42

OMG! Obama Must Go!
windmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #13
Doc
Guru

Jeeeez
Old 01-26-2012, 06:32 PM   #14
Scraping Paint

City: -

Quote:
Doc wrote:
Because your wife is writing a book about the motivations for buying purses.* She obviously thinks you were wrong to lecture her about losing her credit card when you obviously don't even begin to comprehend the connection between this and buying*a purse.* While you and she will never see eye to eye on this, this does not mean that you have the right to lecture her about her area of expertise.
Marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #15
TF Site Team

City: Home Port: Buck's Harbor, Maine
Vessel Name: "Emily Anne"
Vessel Model: 2001 Island Gypsy 32 Europa (Hull #146)

Quote:
Marin wrote:Doc wrote:
Because your wife is writing a book about the motivations for buying purses.* She obviously thinks you were wrong to lecture her about losing her credit card when you obviously don't even begin to comprehend the connection between this and buying*a purse.* While you and she will never see eye to eye on this, this does not mean that you have the right to lecture her about her area of expertise.

LOL
dwhatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:20 AM   #16
Doc
Guru

So, Marin you agree with her logic that it was her old purse's fault that the credit card fell out of her jeans pocket?

Well, at least you were keeping true to the thread. ;-)
Old 01-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #17
Guru

City: Everett Wa
Vessel Name: Eagle
Vessel Model: Roughwater 58 pilot house

In defense of your wife.** Most female cloths do not have pockets and if they do the pockets are not very big/deep and/or they fit skin tight so not much can be put in them.* So the alternative is a purse/bag. My wifes last trip to Mexico she bought 4 purses/bags that are knock off of the expensive brands.* Thank God as I could not afford the real name brands!*

Phil Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #18
JD
Guru

Quote:
Moonstruck wrote:JD wrote:***** I didn't know it was up to the Gov. to decide what the President talked to them about.* I'll have to remember that the next time I meet with one.**
*JD, the way that I look at it is that they are both elected officials. *She works for the people of Arizona. *Obama *works for the people of the US. *It seems she wanted to talk about a substantive issue, and he wanted to get something personal off his chest. *He is suing the state of Arizona. *It is pretty obvious that they don't see eye to eye. *However, personal business should not enter into it, but we all know that it does. *There should be an adult in the mix somewhere.

*"It seems she wanted to talk about a substantive issue, and he wanted to get something personal off his chest."

Is it fair to say that the discussion lasted for a few minutes not just 30 seconds and that except for the two involved in the discussion the only other folks within ear shot were the two security guards?* In her live*interviews (on tape) right after the meeting with Obama last year she said, live mind you.* That "it was cordial and great" in fact she said it twice.* Then she wrote her book and said that he lectured*her and that he had "thin skin".* So after six months she changed her story because it wasn't going to play (sell books)*well that she said*he was cordial and pleasant.***If that happened to you*would you have been a little upset?*

The protocol, as I understand it is that the President asks folks to meet him.* I'm sure there is a pecking order but the point is they do not have to go. So if she didn't like him, didn't respect him why did she go.* Just decline, that says enough in itself.* But know she has to confront him and act like an ass.* Then get on TV all night saying*she felt intimidated.**Really, really?

"There should be an adult in the mix somewhere."

There was, he didn't bitch slap her.* Are you saying he was unprofessional?* Have you heard his interview.* He smiled and said that sometimes folks on different sides*disagree.* Sounds like he manned up to me.

Name one time in the last 50 years that a US*President has been disrespected in public by another dignitary.* Hasn't happened and I'm sure there were plenty that may have deserved it in the eyes of the other party.* But it didn't happen.*Can't count Bush with the shoe because he wasn't in the US and it wasn't a US Official that threw it.

Now let's get on to talking about yet another Tea Party Governor.* Mr. Walker.* Now there is a classic example of dumb ass.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #19
Scraping Paint

City: -

Quote:
Doc wrote:
So, Marin you agree with her logic that it was her old purse's fault that the credit card fell out of her jeans pocket?

You need to stop looking at the issue from your point of view.* From a woman's point of view, the ends justify the means.* The over-arching force at work here was not the need to prevent the loss of the card, it was to eliminate the negative image being projected by the presence of an old, out-of-style purse.* While it was not your wife's intial wish that the card should fall out of her pocket, the fact that it did, which propelled her into the sequence of events leading to the acquisition of a new purse, makes the loss of the card a beneficial and desired event.* My guess is that this business of turning accidental negatives into wardrobe positives will become an entire chapter in her book.

In which it will state that it is the man's fault for focusing on the negative aspects of credit card loss instead of focusing immediately on the potentially positive aspects of the event.* It's not the woman's fault for losing the card in the first place.
Marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #20
Guru

Women!

Marin, How can one man be so right.

I have one simple rule and two simple words to solve all problems reguarding any issues with my wife.

She is always right.

*Yes Dear.

Now I can go work on the boat.

SD

-- Edited by skipperdude on Friday 27th of January 2012 02:00:17 PM