Old 01-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #21
Doc
Guru

Women!

Marin,

I agree with skipperdude. How can one man be so right? Thanks for showing me the way to enlightenment. Now I have to try to recollect all the times that I have not understood her behavior for the past 30 years.

In recollecting, one incident comes to mind from when we were first married that should have been a harbinger of coming events. Another true story.

Once upon a Sunday afternoon we looked out across the lake from our condo and observed a house being built on the other side. We decided to drive over and take a look. A represenatative of the builder was on duty and gave us the tour and the price....$165,000 (this is 1981).

I said: "No way. But we will pay $150,000." The rep said that he didn't think it would do any good but he would inform the builder the next day.

I said: "Fine. let us know".

He said: "OK" and we started to leave, where upon my Dear Wife said, over her shoulder: "Great. But tell him that if he will not take $150,000 we will pay the $165,000."

We bought the house. Want guess what we paid?!!!

Now am I going to get any sympathy Marin?

-- Edited by Doc on Friday 27th of January 2012 02:19:14 PM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #22
Scraping Paint

City: -
Women!

Quote:
Doc wrote:
....where upon my Dear Wife said, over her shoulder: "Great. But tell him that if he will not take $150,000 we will pay the $165,000."

Now am I going to get any sympathy Marin?

Well, you'll get plenty of sympathy but that won't change reality. *In the female mind the ends justify the means. *The end in this case was your wife wanted the house. *The means were irrelevant as long as they ended up with her having the house.

There is a silver lining to this particular cloud, however, and that is that it did not occur to her that she might be competing for the house with someone else. *Had she thought that, she might have said, "Great, but if he will not take the $150,000 we will pay $185,000." *

So cling to the fact that you could have paid $20k more rather than you could have paid $15k less. *I have found that by focusing on how bad it could have been leads to much happier relationships.

-- Edited by Marin on Friday 27th of January 2012 02:50:31 PM
Marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #23
Guru

City: Whittier AK
Vessel Name: Apache II
Vessel Model: 1974 Donald Jones
RE: Women!

Quote:
Marin wrote:
*I have found that by focusing on how bad it could have been leads to much happier relationships.

Can I get an Amen to that one my brother.

SD

skipperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

City: Home Port: Buck's Harbor, Maine
Vessel Name: "Emily Anne"
Vessel Model: 2001 Island Gypsy 32 Europa (Hull #146)

Amen.
dwhatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #25
JAT
Guru

Vessel Name: Just a Tinch
Vessel Model: Gulfstar 44 MC

Quote:
skipperdude wrote:JD wrote:

*** I didn't know it was up to the Gov. to decide what the President talked to them about.* I'll have to remember that the next time I meet with one.

*This is still a free country. Obamma is not a King or Emperor.

Any meeting between two people both have the right to dialog or not.

*He walked away.

There you go.

SD

*Someone correct me if I am wrong.....*I seem to remember...from years ago that during a Civics Class in Junior High....yep, that long ago....that elected officials "worked for the people that elected them".....*

My point is very simple....elected officials are not "royalty"...though many of them seem to think so...and that is one of the really screwed up things about this country right now....* I would not care if it was Bush or Obama, neither is royalty and have responsibilities to the people.* They are there to serve the people...not themselves or their party.... Oh God, am I starting to sound "naieve" or what??

If I had been Brewer... I probably would have told him to "piss off" and leave.* The fact that we have DC politicians....or is that "dilletantes" that are afraid to demand that all law enforcement agencies enforce the laws of the land vis a vis illegal immigration..... is pathetic and complete condemnation of our elected buffoons!* Neither party is any less guilty than the other!

JAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #26
JD
Guru

City: New Bern NC
Vessel Name: Stella Di Mare
Vessel Model: Mainship 34t
Women!

Quote:
charles wrote:
jd,
hey note not caps, dont want to offend you, again.

i have a question for you, would really appreciate an answer.
you call mr walker a tea party governor, ok, no problem there, if you say so i will take your word for it. but and this is a big but, you go on to refer to him in a most crass manner. why must you liberals resort to such?
it is epidemic, anytime someone is not of the same persuasion as you and your buds, now buds is not a pejorative term, resort to such.

thanks,
*A bit childish but at least it isn't caps.* By the way you would have failed*a 7th grade writing class by not using caps when needed. Or do I have to really explain about caps in the email world.

Dumb-ass is not all that crass.* There were a lot of other terms that I could have used.* But to explain it so that you might understand it, he had people in the government work for him on company time to get him elected.* I don't care how you look at it that is stupid or in some places a Dumb-ass.

Please don't drag out the same three lines all of you hard liners use.* About name calling and racism.* That gets old.* You leaders Rush, Hannity and their group have used cutesy names for years.* The pot stirrer has never, not once called the President by anything other than demeaning names nor most of the other folks he mention in his rants.* Some others are just as bad and for the most part they represent your side of the aisle.* I didn't pick your friends.

I'm truly sorry if calling*Governor Walker*a Dumb-ass offended you.* I didn't know you were such close friends.* But sometime a shovel is a ******g Shovel and that is the way it is.*Just in case Christy is a good friend if asked I would put Pompous in front of Dumb-ass in his case

Care to hear what some of your fellow up standing folks from LA call your Gov. Bobby.* I'm sure you know.* Now that is some name calling.

-- Edited by JD on Friday 27th of January 2012 05:28:15 PM

-- Edited by JD on Friday 27th of January 2012 05:30:45 PM
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #27
Doc
Guru

Everybody to remain calm. We have been hijacked. Keep your seats and no one will be hurt.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:23 PM   #28
TF Site Team

City: Ex-Brisbane, (Australia), now Bribie Island, Qld
Vessel Name: Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Model: Had a Clipper (CHB) 34
Women!

You said it Doc, but I thought y'all might get a laugh out of this wee story.
Sort of confirms something your wife said in her defense, and get us back on thread.

A couple of years ago, my wife and I were away on a short weeks break at a timeshare in New South Wales. One day we set out to do some bush-walking, so both went in jeans we had bought new not long before. After we got back to the unit and we were changing, I just happened to comment how well-fitting the new jeans were. "Sort of 'slinky' and supportive"...are the words I think I used, adding.."but I could have sworn the pockets were deeper the last time I wore them, I can hardly fit anything into them".
My wife walked over, tugged at the label and shrieked.."those are my jeans you've been wearing you idiot!"...so while not saying a heap re my wife's figure I guess, 'cause she'd not noticed she had been wearing mine...it does sort of exonerate Doc's wife - their pockets are pathetic, and a card could definitely fall out.

I might add, that if the subject ever comes up these days we fall about laughing - all I have to do is make reference to "those shallow pockets" and we nearly wet ourselves...

-- Edited by Peter B on Saturday 28th of January 2012 01:24:55 AM

-- Edited by Peter B on Saturday 28th of January 2012 01:26:39 AM
Peter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:48 AM   #29
Doc
Guru

Peter B.

What a great story. We could not do that. Mine would wrap around her two times and I could only get one leg in hers...and I am not thaqt huge...6'2", 225#
Old 01-28-2012, 06:14 AM   #30
Guru

City: Biloxi, MS
Vessel Name: Cajun Rose
Vessel Model: Biloxi Lugger

Quote:
Peter B wrote:

My wife walked over, tugged at the label and shrieked.."those are my jeans you've been wearing you idiot!"

Peter, I would never tell that story again. *
swampu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:05 AM   #31
Guru

City: Thibodaux, Louisiana
Vessel Name: Gumbo
Vessel Model: 2003 Monk 36
Women!

Quote: "A couple of years ago, my wife and I were away on a short weeks break at a timeshare in New South Wales. One day we set out to do some bush-walking, so both went in jeans we had bought new not long before. After we got back to the unit and we were changing, I just happened to comment how well-fitting the new jeans were. "Sort of 'slinky' and supportive"...are the words I think I used, adding.."but I could have sworn the pockets were deeper the last time I wore them, I can hardly fit anything into them".
My wife walked over, tugged at the label and shrieked.."those are my jeans you've been wearing you idiot!"...so while not saying a heap re my wife's figure I guess, 'cause she'd not noticed she had been wearing mine...it does sort of exonerate Doc's wife - their pockets are pathetic, and a card could definitely fall out."

It could have been much worse, imagine if you had said " I*must be losing weight, don't these jeans look baggy on me"
Steve W

-- Edited by Steve on Saturday 28th of January 2012 09:05:57 AM
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:50 AM   #32
Guru

City: Port Orchard, WA
Vessel Name: Violet A
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 42

The wife told me to go to the doctor and get some of those tablets that
"help" get an erection. You should have seen her face when I came back and
tossed her some diet pills !
windmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:00 PM   #33
Guru

City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express

Quote:
JD wrote:*she has to confront him and act like an ass. *
"

There was, he didn't bitch slap her.*

Tea Party Governor.* Mr. Walker.* Now there is a classic example of dumb ass.

*JD, your words. *Not mine.

Gee, are you getting enough bulk in your diet?
Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:41 PM   #34
TF Site Team

City: Ex-Brisbane, (Australia), now Bribie Island, Qld
Vessel Name: Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Model: Had a Clipper (CHB) 34

Sorry Doc...I tried....
Peter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #35
Guru

I'll take Governor Walker in a minute over the complete nit wit we have in Sacramento. The "Moonbeam" has the money to send illegal aliens to college but wants to raise our taxes to lower the deficit? Now there you have a "dumbass." And don't get me started on the Messiah.
ancora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:22 AM   #36
JD
Guru

Quote:
Moonstruck wrote:JD wrote:*she has to confront him and act like an ass. *
"

There was, he didn't bitch slap her.*

Tea Party Governor.* Mr. Walker.* Now there is a classic example of dumb ass.

*JD, your words. *Not mine.

Gee, are you getting enough bulk in your diet?

*Yes they are in fact mine and if not taken out of context they make perfect sense.* I never said they were yours.

But I'm glad for your concern about my health and diet.* The facts are that I have lost 25 lbs over the last three months, including Christmas thank you and having just seen my Vet. have cut back to two drugs a day instead of five and my BP was 119 over 78.*

So thanks again for your concern.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:34 AM   #37
Guru

My wife was worried about getting old. I told her they wern't gray hairs just really blond ones.

SD
Old 01-31-2012, 10:52 AM   #38
JD
Guru

Quote:
skipperdude wrote:
My wife was worried about getting old. I told her they wern't gray hairs just really blond ones.

SD
*When are you being released from the hospital?
Old 01-31-2012, 11:05 AM   #39
Guru

Well I can see out of my left eye now, and my right Ah hem has decended.

The doc say's I should be walking within a week.

SD
Old 01-31-2012, 02:05 PM   #40
JD
Guru

Quote:
skipperdude wrote:
Well I can see out of my left eye now, and my right Ah hem has decended.

The doc say's I should be walking within a week.

SD
*See, even though we don't always think alike our wives do.