Why my body hates me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

honeybadger

Vessel Name
HoneyBadger
Vessel Make
1990 Harkers Island Trawler Typical wooden hull with a Carolina flare and no deadrise at the stern
Ok i am down to running the D/C wires now, A/C is done fuel is almost finsihed, So i go below climb through the door on the firewall and into the engine room. Dragging all my needed items behind me sit down get ready for the first task, and " BOOM" damn i have to use the head, Move all the stuff out of the way, Crawl back out stand up, walk up to the salon then out off the boat back to the house and do my business. Then back to the boat repeat again the task and "Boom" i remember that wire i had made with the crimped on ends are laying in the trunk of my car. Keeping track i spend 5 hours climbing in and out of the bilge or climbing down into the bilge from the over hatch. 2 hours looking for stuff i thought i had in my hand. and at least 30 mins trying to remember what the hell i was doing before i left the boat ? so in reality i am getting about 30 mins of real work done each day ? climb into the bed my back,knees,arms and head hurts. Damn it i love boating !!!!!!! Someone ask me what i had in the boat so far i said about $15,000 in real money and about 4.5 million in man hours !:banghead:

Ok i am down to running the D/C wires now, A/C is done fuel is almost finsihed, So i go below climb through the door on the firewall and into the engine room. Dragging all my needed items behind me sit down get ready for the first task, and " BOOM" damn i have to use the head, Move all the stuff out of the way, Crawl back out stand up, walk up to the salon then out off the boat back to the house and do my business. Then back to the boat repeat again the task and "Boom" i remember that wire i had made with the crimped on ends are laying in the trunk of my car. Keeping track i spend 5 hours climbing in and out of the bilge or climbing down into the bilge from the over hatch. 2 hours looking for stuff i thought i had in my hand. and at least 30 mins trying to remember what the hell i was doing before i left the boat ? so in reality i am getting about 30 mins of real work done each day ? climb into the bed my back,knees,arms and head hurts. Damn it i love boating !!!!!!! Someone ask me what i had in the boat so far i said about $15,000 in real money and about 4.5 million in man hours !:banghead:
Honeybadger, to quote one of Kris Kristoffersons's songs, (How to beat the devil, I think)..."you've been readin' my mail."
Now, picture all you've just described, then add in a 66 km (you work out the miles) round trip to home if you forget something, and that's my take on all this.

Peter B , Thank goodness it's only a few feet from my house if it was a drive and any amount of time, I would toss my self off the dock with a Anchor in my arms !! List, List and List then i loose the list or leave it at home when i visit the marine store. Life is different when your older for sure!!

Greetings,
Mr. hb. I LOVE lists but suffer from the same affliction you do. Hell, I need a list to find and keep my lists. BUT there's nothing more satisfying for me than to finally cross something off said oft misplaced tome. I tried writing on my hand but everybody looked at me like I was...
Palin_addresses_the_49d3_xlarge.jpeg

Older??? when I get up in the morning, what doesn't hurt, doesn't work!

Someone ask me what i had in the boat so far i said about $15,000 in real money and about 4.5 million in man hours !:banghead:

People ask me about boat projects. I just tell them, "If I was this efficient when I was working, I would have fired my self a long time ago". :rolleyes: I love boats! :)

I keep telling myself, when I get the new iPhone 5, (when it comes out - I'm still using an old Nokia), I'll try to remember to enter a list of what I must take down to the marina when I go to work on it...course I'll have to write a note to myself to consult the list....

Man between the list and buying something i lost then finding it, IE:Switch DC water proof for the head, bought lost, bought again opened the galley drawer for safe keeping there was the other one !! now i have 2, did the same thing with step lights. Now it's the Heat unreal hot so hot the 5200 drys so darn fast you need to apply and finish asap.

Having just completed the replacement of an almost inaccessible engine room bilge pump/float switch and related wiring, my body feels like it is not meant to fit into some of the spaces on my boat. Working on the boat feels like exercise ....boat yoga...boga??

I just love that kind of item ! i have a nice metal plate in my head to i can't do anything with out banging my head and sending all my senses into a whirlwind , Or if i have to lay down to get to something i am missing one entire inner ear and when i try to return to standing its like i just stepped off the tilt-a-world at the county Fair ! Boating it is so much like a relationship love the boat to death wanna burn it some days !!

Having just completed the replacement of an almost inaccessible engine room bilge pump/float switch and related wiring, my body feels like it is not meant to fit into some of the spaces on my boat. Working on the boat feels like exercise ....boat yoga...boga??
Yeah, what is it with those switches. They all claim to be completely sealed/last a lifetime, sort of thing, but they b***dy don't and replacing them is, as you say, a PITA - learnt that one from you US guys....:banghead::rolleyes::mad:

I had a sailboat with a deep keel. I mounted the pump and switch on a heavy brass plate and lowered the pump via the hose down into the deep bilge. Pump and switch maint were a snap...just pull on the hose and bring the pump to me. I do the same for both pumps on my current boat.

Make a list.
First thing on the list.

#1. Make a list.

That is usually about as far as it gets.
SD

Write on hand get list, Can't find list ? start new list drive to the store can not find list must be at home. Drive back to get the list and then find list in pocket. Drive back to store get everything on the list. The one item i needed i didn't put on the list start a new list ! Oh well and people ask why it takes so long to refit a boat.

Back
Top Bottom