Why dog why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ben

Guru
Vessel Name
Silver Lining
Vessel Make
Heritage East 44 / Twin Perkins T6.3544
image-3604261436.jpg

We have a perfectly filled water bowl. I think a smart dog? Why does he like to drink from the toilet so often???

My dog doesn't do that. Might be because I keep the toilet cover down, though.

My dog is not particularly smart, either. I leave him on the screen porch while I drive to the boat (an hour away) and do maintenance. I faithfully put his water dish out on the porch before I leave. When I get home, the water dish is still full. So I take it off the porch and put back at its regular place in the kitchen, whereupon he runs over there and slurps it all up as if he had not had any water for a week!

John

Aside from the fact that the dog doesn't have to lower his head so far to drink from the toilet, boatpoker might be on the right track. There might be certain...umm..."flavorings" in the porcelain bowl that aren't present in the dog's bowl.

Attachments

• funny christmas joke dogs drinking out of tree bowl comparing taste to the toilet bowl.jpg
    funny christmas joke dogs drinking out of tree bowl comparing taste to the toilet bowl.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 146
No idea why they do it, but it was easily fixed. Put the lid down and provide water in another container close by, a plastic bucket is fine. Later we could leave the lid up, she still preferred the bucket of water.

If you suspect Fido may be a "closet" drinker and just good at hiding it use the blue tabs to verify if a problem exists.

Attachments

• image-3364657198.jpg
    image-3364657198.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 73
If you suspect Fido may be a "closet" drinker and just good at hiding it use the blue tabs to verify if a problem exists.

Awesome!

I made his dish water cooler and closed the lid.

:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom