What's the meaning of.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine is a combination of a nickname given to me in the Navy (Bull) by my buddy that is from Baltimore. His nickname was the "Elk". Everybody on a ship got a nickname. I was on a guided missile cruiser for a little over 4 years. "Bull" was because I'm (was) strong and stocky, and because I'm very bull-headed... I once stormed into the Chief's Mess underway practically taking the door off the hinges and picked a Chief up off the couch by his neck threatening to dismantle him limb by limb because he hung up on me during a "discussion" over the phone...

The "Fly" part was added because I'm a pilot (fixed wing and rotor) and over 20 years ago I needed a handle for a pilot website message board (iPilot) and added it to Bull.

Pictured below from L to R... The Elk... The Bull... The Moose circa 1987 off the Phillipine Islands departing Subic Bay.

Been using it ever since for most everything including emails...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1454637227933.jpg
    FB_IMG_1454637227933.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 43
  • cg23_3.jpg
    cg23_3.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Have been reading this forum for many years, finally decided to post the odd time. I had been a STOWAWAY on the forum the whole time I was reading and not posting. It also has a little nautical flavour to it

Back
Top Bottom