What's the meaning of.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A forum name that I started using some time ago when I was an aircraft owner and active on several pilot forums. Of course, considering how many Alaska fliers there theoretically are, I had to add a couple of numbers on the end.

Speaking of which, I always say, that after owning a plane (or having the plane own me)...hey! Boats seem cheap by comparison! :rofl:

Wifey B: Yeah, your first answer sort of missed the point, because you use it as email. :nonono: Glad you made it clear now because with my dirty mind I could have come up with a bazillion things those three letters stand for. :rofl:

Now, ours is so beyond obvious. And it's not bed and breakfast, although we have beds and we had breakfast this morning. Since we share we had to have something to represent him and something to represent me and we put "and" in between. Of course it can get confusing. Is the first b for him or is it for me? Maybe we got screwed up and both are him or both are me? :nonono: BandB a lot of different things that we're not, like theater chain, medical company, Brandy and Benedictine. Like most things there are other uses, I'm not about to mention here. :)

Early on when I joined trawlerforum I read it as Band-B.

after a couple of weeks of no mention of radio gear or playing a harp on the fore deck underway I saw the light. :facepalm::angel:

Early on when I joined trawlerforum I read it as Band-B.

after a couple of weeks of no mention of radio gear or playing a harp on the fore deck underway I saw the light. :facepalm::angel:

Wifey B: No harp, but do play a keyboard, an organ, on the flybridge and in the salon. :D

1982. Son #1 is in the YMCA Indian Guides father/child program. He's five. We all need an Indian name. You know, Running Bear kind of thing. He picked White Water. I picked Night Crawler. Put it on the back of our new '84 Rinker runabout. It stuck. . .for 33 years until his younger brother sold it.

1982. Son #1 is in the YMCA Indian Guides father/child program. He's five. We all need an Indian name. You know, Running Bear kind of thing. He picked White Water. I picked Night Crawler. Put it on the back of our new '84 Rinker runabout. It stuck. . .for 33 years until his younger brother sold it.

Wifey B: Night Crawler? :nonono::nonono::nonono: I just don't think of a worm as a good Indian Name. White water sounds powerful. :)

All our friends knew not to call us on Friday evening because it was our datenight. When we bought our first "cruising" boat a 23' Wellcraft walk around Diane said let's call it Datenight. All subsiquent boats have been Datenight because every cruise feels like those Friday nights.

Rob

All our friends knew not to call us on Friday evening because it was our datenight. When we bought our first "cruising" boat a 23' Wellcraft walk around Diane said let's call it Datenight. All subsiquent boats have been Datenight because every cruise feels like those Friday nights.

Rob

I had a cousin who he and his wife decided when their first child was born they would make Friday their datenight. They'd get a baby sitter and out they'd go. As their two boys got older they loved it too as they'd order pizza or they'd go across to the country club and get hamburgers. But it was their night without parents as much as it was the parents' date night. Also the kids when younger were use to baby sitters and weren't as clingy as some, dealt with school and socialization better. I'd encourage any parents to keep one night a week that is theirs. You'll be glad and your kids will be glad.

Nickname I was given from friends that knew about acting I did years ago, the number relates to a special date,

Nicknames can be a funny thing.. they can be unintentionally cruel or in my case remind me of something that makes me laugh..

A long time ago there was a movie named 1941.. starred John Belushi. The Actor Slim Pickens ( Dr. Strangelove, Blazing Saddles and many more, often played a cowboy. In 1941 he played " Hollis Wood" .. shortened to " Hollywood " by his Japanese captors.

That movie still cracks me up.

HOLLYWOOD

I believe his "C"'s family were Scots.

BTW, it is pronounced Men-giss.

Keysdisease refers to a condition specific to visitors, usually from colder climates, to the Florida Keys. It describes a person or persons that comes to the Keys for a 2 week vacation that decides to "extend" their stay for several years or a decade or two. This affliction often includes a name change to something like Buzzy or Skip, acquiring a bicycle as primary transportation, and a special relationship with many local establishments that serve spirits. In some cases this afflicts boaters who drop their hook and never pick it up.

Being a native of Miami I don't technically qualify, but I did live in Key West for 10 years, moved down the year it snowed in Miami, and moved halfback to civilization in Islamorada for 6 more years as a decompression stop before stepping foot back on the mainland. I'm told I had a very good time.

I still visit regularly and look forward to every trip South

Here's to you from Buttonwood Sound in Key Largo

:socool:

Attachments

• sunset toast.jpg
    sunset toast.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Keysdisease refers to a condition specific to visitors, usually from colder climates, to the Florida Keys. It describes a person or persons that comes to the Keys for a 2 week vacation that decides to "extend" their stay for several years or a decade or two. This affliction often includes a name change to something like Buzzy or Skip, acquiring a bicycle as primary transportation, and a special relationship with many local establishments that serve spirits. In some cases this afflicts boaters who drop their hook and never pick it up.

Being a native of Miami I don't technically qualify, but I did live in Key West for 10 years, moved down the year it snowed in Miami, and moved halfback to civilization in Islamorada for 6 more years as a decompression stop before stepping foot back on the mainland.

I still visit regularly and look forward to every trip South

Here's to you from Buttonwood Sound in Key Largo

:socool:

Wifey B: I have keys disease as well. It's a unique part of paradise. It's a world of fun and relaxation and one of the great places on earth without judgmental attitudes, the ultimate laissez-faire. It's a place for writers and artists. The ultimate expression of Key West is in Fantasy Fest. Yes, debauchery, but that's not what Fantasy Fest is really about either. It's about free celebration and expression. It's about getting body painting, people you never imagined would do so. Parades of ghouls and family activities too. And in the spirit of fun and pleasure, it's about raising a lot of money for local charities. We love the Keys as do our friends and something about still just loading up the boat and going there for a weekend or week. :D

Back in the dialup and bulletin board days, I was looking for a handle. I have a very common first and last name. A notch less common than Jones or Smith. Got tired of jjones 6982315546xyz at every login. I belonged to a military unit that had the designation that is my forum name - tried it (only 5 characters) and it worked. Been using ever since for just about everything except critical stuff

sbu22; said:
Been using ever since for just about everything except critical stuff

TrawlerForum is not critical!!!

What!!

Kizif I told you I’d have to kill you.......yup that’s where it came from. And the boat name came from somebody asking if I was going to work today!
:)

Angus was our male Ridgeback . . . a total force of nature, when he was awake. 99 is for the Great Gretzky, who is from my home town in Canada.

Attachments

• 335A0FBE-EBF0-4882-926E-C15C5547EF20.jpeg
    335A0FBE-EBF0-4882-926E-C15C5547EF20.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 65
  • E016AEFB-7F89-47BC-A060-433DC6F23CE8.jpeg
    E016AEFB-7F89-47BC-A060-433DC6F23CE8.jpeg
    23.1 KB · Views: 239
  • 3B9649E4-01B9-4DF2-ABE9-F7E66E996D74.jpeg
    3B9649E4-01B9-4DF2-ABE9-F7E66E996D74.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 58
Naw, menzies, should have used more precision like: financial, medical vice critical. TF must be critical in its own way - I spend waaay too much time here.

THANK YOU ANGUS99
got to admit when I first read Anguss99 I thought of a big defensive lineman as I remember from early years. A big black broad shouldered shouldered bull of a man I was supposed to block. Turns out he's a dog with the same image. Good On you for raising a sweetheart.

Last edited:
I used to fly a Grumman Tracker and it had a limitation of 60 degrees max. bank. Unfortunately it was sometimes inadequate to get the job done and some nimrod with a motor drive caught me stretching that limitation just a wee bit. Unfortunately, the chief pilot got wind of my maneuver, got the photos somehow and dragged me across the coals for it. I kept my job after showing him how the job was completed and reading the compliments of the contractor. Nothing to do with money.

Hal Schell was one of the most knowledgeable boaters concerning the California Delta--the Sacramento and San Joaquin Rivers. He authored some very informative books including "Cruising California's Delta" and "Dawdling on the Delta." I first cruised there with my dad in the 1950's. Later I bought a wood GB and became a Delta Dawdler. Still love to cruise upriver. By definition a "dawdler" is someone who takes more time than necessary--so it fits for a trawler owner.

Last edited:
Mine is for my first boat’s name. Wayfarer just means someone who travels, which I do more than most.

Bunch of great responses so far!
Mine came via my employee’s when I was a Contractor here in Las Vegas, once they found out I was a retired Navy Chief.......Well... you get the idea. Been stuck with it since.
Much better than a Crazy Zoomie, dont ya think ASD?

I'm Lou and when I made this SN I used to tow on the road. I read here hoping one day I'll leave the race of NJ and live on a boat. Now I changed trucks no more towing but that will never leave.

First initial, last name. Like most email address names. It's as good as any.

The aircraft I built and fly is a Highlander and the last three of my N-number are “9KC”.

Lots of toys ?

Hi-D-Ho was the name of our first trawler a 1987 Monk 36. We discovered doing the “Loop “ in 2002 that the name sounded good on the vhf, and for what ever reason lock masters liked it, so we kept it on our Manatee. Some say it was heard on a tv program or Blood Sweat and Tears had a song Hi-De-Ho.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom