A vehicle for PeterB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marin

Guru
Peter--- There is an amazing car collection in Western Washington called the Lemay Family Collection. Located on the site of an old Catholic school, this collection, which amounts to nearly 3,000 vehicles, is really something to visit. In the two larger warehouses, some of the unrestored cars are on "shelves" litterally up to the ceiling.

While the paint scheme on the vehicle in the photos below may not be stock, the vehicle itself is. Thought you might recognize it......

Attachments

• Truck 1.jpg
    Truck 1.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Truck 2.jpg
    Truck 2.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 84
Marin he better like yellow.
He has a red Toyota sports coupe ... I think.

Yes, I PM'd Marin. That was an early ute, made my Holden in Australia, and RHD, but I suspect based on a chevvy chassis & body. The later true Holden utes had a different body. And you are right. Not a great fan of yellow, but strangely enough, coming back from the boat last weekend, there was a restored old sports car…possibly an early Alpha, sitting for sale by the road, and it was that same yellow colour and looked great. Some colours just suit certain sizes and shapes, and some don't. If it's still there tomorrow I'll try to get a photo and put it up.

Here's my precious…still goes like the clappers too…lacks the latest bells and whistles, but who cares…?

Attachments

• IMG_0064.jpg
    IMG_0064.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Image116.jpg
    Image116.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 72
  • Image115.jpg
    Image115.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 73
That's the one I remember Peter.
Like it a lot.
What engine does it have?
Gears?

I'm having a re-bonding w my Jetta. Thinking it was too small and rough riding. After driving Chris's Golf for a'while the Jetta seems very very smooth. Makes me think of the old expression "like an electric motor". Shifting, clutching, braking and throttling are very fluid. Cars are like women. Be away for awhile and then you can enjoy what you liked about them in the first place. Think I'll upgrade the Buick and keep the Jetta.

Greetings,
Mr. Peter B. Funny, I would have thought you'd be driving a smart car or similar...
yd26.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom