Old 01-26-2016, 07:41 PM   #1
Guru

City: Full Time Cruising East Coast
Vessel Name: Meridian
Vessel Model: Krogen-42
USCG Documentation Database Look-up

Just a note, upon looking up my Documentation of my old and new vessel I see nothing has been updated since at least last July.

KK-42097
meridian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 01:19 AM   #2
Guru

City: Inside Passage Summer/Columbia River Winter
Vessel Name: Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Model: 1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
I just sent them $26 for a renewal. Terry, maybe it has been snowing there since July...

Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/
Alaskan Sea-Duction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:35 AM   #3

City: Edgewater, MD
Vessel Name: Catalina Jack
Vessel Model: Defever 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by meridian View Post
Just a note, upon looking up my Documentation of my old and new vessel I see nothing has been updated since at least last July.
This is what we get when government budgets get cut. We get what we pay for. Can anyone say "Flint Michigan Water?" Yes, I know there are those who believe all government is inefficient but having worked in both government and private industry, I can assure you, that all large organizations have inherent inefficiencies. Most of us dislike the IRS. The IRS budget has been slashed by $1.2 Billion, yes billion, over the past five years. Try getting a live person to answer the phone these days. I tried and gave up. You get what you pay for.
catalinajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:58 AM   #4
Guru

City: Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Vessel Name: Xanadu
Vessel Model: Mainship 37 Motor Yacht
Quote:
Originally Posted by catalinajack View Post

This is what we get when government budgets get cut... The IRS budget has been slashed by $1.2 Billion, yes billion, over the past five years...
Nothing has been slashed, nothing has been reduced. In real terms, both the IRS and the Coast Guard budgets (and everything else) continue to grow dramatically, and the CG budget for example has grown by millions in just the past three years. The "cuts" you hear so much about are cuts to the even higher projected growth, or cuts to even bigger budget requests.

Next time I get a 3% annual raise at work I think I'll scream and yell and wring my hands that my salary was cut, because I really wanted and needed and expected a 50% raise.
kthoennes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:26 AM   #5

City: Edgewater, MD
Vessel Name: Catalina Jack
Vessel Model: Defever 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthoennes View Post

Nothing has been slashed, nothing has been reduced. In real terms, both the IRS and the Coast Guard budgets (and everything else) continue to grow dramatically, and the CG budget for example has grown by millions in just the past three years. The "cuts" you hear so much about are cuts to the even higher projected growth, or cuts to even bigger budget requests.

Next time I get a 3% annual raise at work I think I'll scream and yell and wring my hands that my salary was cut, because I really wanted and needed and expected a 50% raise.
And next time you get a 1% raise and your cost of living goes up (rent increase, adjustable mortage goes up, credit card rate adjusts up, real estate taxes increase) then tell me about nominal increases to budgets versus funding increased fixed costs. The CG budget has increased by millions you say. That is a meaningless number unless one looks at what the line item budget looks like. For example, if the increase was merely to fund new ship acquisitions then .....
And the IRS budget? My friend , the $1.2 Billion is real decrease, not just a decrease of an increase. Easily found fact in 5 minutes of net research.
catalinajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:33 AM   #6
Guru

City: Avalon, NJ
Vessel Name: Freedom
Vessel Model: Albin 40
The good old days were when the military got a fuel budget and the price of wholesale fuel was way below for that fiscal year...man we could spend that "extra" money at the lower levels that had discretionary spending authority.... new golf courses, new rec boats, etc.

all well deserved I may add!!!!

Now, budgets are so far under congressional oversight that millions of dollars are wasted because the agencies are afraid to ask for reprogramming of money when one line item goes over or underfunded.

So we went from one form of abuse to another.

Wish I had the answer.....

psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote