Old 04-12-2014, 06:57 PM   #21
Master and Commander

City: Vallejo CA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: 2011 Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWright View Post

In my circles, all boating foursomes include two finely dressed ladies to compliment their dapper Captains. ...
My sexy lady:

Old 04-12-2014, 07:02 PM   #22
Master and Commander

City: Vallejo CA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: 2011 Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
Our sexy ladies:

Old 04-13-2014, 02:24 AM   #23
TF Site Team

City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Lotus
Vessel Model: Clipper (CHB) 34 Sedan/Europa style
Send a message via Skype™ to Peter B
All very nice Mark, and congrats for managing to work in not one but several photos - all good, I grant you…but I want to see some of these people who skite about getting about in next to nothing, e.g., togs or bikinis often with tops or bottom left off, put their money where their mouth is. Of course that'll hafta go on OTDE I suppose...
Old 04-13-2014, 02:27 AM   #24
TF Site Team

City: California Delta and SF Bay
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
All very nice Mark, and congrats for managing to work in not one but several photos - all good, I grant you…but I want to see some of these people who skite about getting about in next to nothing, e.g., togs or bikinis often with tops or bottom left off, put their money where their mouth is. Of course that'll hafta go on OTDE I suppose...
Don't you get enough of that at work, Peter?

Custom Google Trawler Forum Search
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:01 AM   #25
Guru

City: North Charleston, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Wifey B: ................ if we're going to go do something on land, often mini-skirt for me instead of shorts. And hubby sometimes wears long pants, a habit I haven't broken him of. .
That's fine as long as hubby doesn't start wearing a mini-skirt.

We stopped at a marina on Hilton Head, SC and asked the dockmaster about restaurants. He suggested a nearby one we could walk to but said "You can't go dressed like that." I told him I had a pair of jeans on the boat He told me I couldn't wear jeans there either. We cooked on the boat.

So now I keep a pair of Bermuda shorts and a shirt with a collar on the boat "just in case".
rwidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:46 PM   #26

City: Benicia CA
Well, maybe if you just wore a regular skirt instead of a mini-skirt, they would have let you in!
Nsail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:10 PM   #27
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwidman View Post

We stopped at a marina on Hilton Head, SC and asked the dockmaster about restaurants. He suggested a nearby one we could walk to but said "You can't go dressed like that." I told him I had a pair of jeans on the boat He told me I couldn't wear jeans there either. We cooked on the boat.

So now I keep a pair of Bermuda shorts and a shirt with a collar on the boat "just in case".
Decades ago my parents and I pulled into an Atlanta restaurant for lunch. We knew it was fancy and dressy at dinner but this was 11:30 in the morning. Still my father was wearing shorts and my mother told him they'd never let him in. Well, we got out, went in. They said no. My father's response was, "Well, I've been kicked out of better places."

Atlanta is still a bit uptight. But also decades ago, Lorna Luft was performing in the club at the Regency Hyatt. One evening she ventured down to the restaurant, I believe it was Hugo's or something like that, wearing a pant suit. Designer I'm sure. Well, they wouldn't seat her. She asked why. Now they set off the firestorm saying, "We don't think pants are feminine." Not wise. She now walked around the restaurant asking the patrons one by one if they thought she looked feminine. It didn't take too long for someone to get a grasp on the situation and then seat her at a table way in the back near the kitchen. It also made the newspaper the following morning.
BandB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:12 PM   #28
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwidman View Post
Wifey B: Don't think that's going to happen. He'd have to do a Joe Willie Namath and shave his legs to do that. Getting him to wear shorts more has been enough of a challenge but I've succeeded.
BandB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:27 AM   #29
FF
Guru

Just call in advance for a reservation for DOCTOR (your name) and you will usually get in.

FF is offline   Reply With Quote