Thanks bobsyiruncle.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

janice142

Guru
Vessel Name
Seaweed
Vessel Make
Schucker mini-trawler
The article about the Spray replica Anja is up on my website, and it includes your picture. Thank you for allowing me to include it.

Today I got off the phone with Fokke (the builder) and he said they were in Tarpon Springs after a rough crossing. They lost their aluminum dink, so contacted the Coast Guard. Coasties consider all empty boats as MIA mariners so, by notifying the officials a SAR will be avoided.

Anyway, there are a lot of pictures up now, and I've got enough for at least a couple more articles on the boat. If interested, take a peek here:

Janice142 article (Joshua Slocum's) Spray replica Anja

And thanks again Bob for the great picture.

Thanks for the great story,
Why hide it here?

Not too hidden bluebyu. We had over 1000 new visitors to the website and over 10,000 hits during the past five days. And the article will remain online though it has cycled off the front page of my website.

It is an amazing boat and I've got tons more for future articles. Fokke (the builder) made his portlights (custom cast) and has quite a number of projects/features.

Here's one of his portlights. His former wife, Ding, passed away before they got to cruise. One of those terrible things: a car accident. :(

Anja-Portlight.jpg

He also has made hinged steps forward, so the space those steps take is accessible and now is used for storage. Of course if you build it you can make everything accessible.

What I admire most though is that even though Anja is not finished, she's in use, plying the waters and out here cruising.

None of us is getting younger.

As I ponder the wisdom of the long engine swap process I do confess to wondering if I might have continued on until the gas beast did die instead of swapping now. I'll never know for sure. Each of us makes choices dependent upon what seems logical at the moment.

As for me, I'm hoping the engine swap and delays will be worth it in the end. But I am anxious for the money bleed to be over, and to be underway again. This enforced stagnation is difficult to tolerate.

Of course once it's over all will be well with the world again and soon enough I'll forget the cold winter while I contemplate a warm, wet, wonderful summertime.

Life is great afloat. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom