Texting and driving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marin

Guru
The other thread about graphic photos on cigarette packs reminded me of this video I saw a couple of years ago.* Called the "Cow video" because the main character's name is Cassie Cowan, nicknamed "Cow," it portrays an accident that occured iin Wales, UK,*because a texting teen was distracted.* The accident itself is apparently based on a real one.* The crash kills Cow's three friends in her car and a couple and their baby in another one.

Controversially graphic, the video was intended to be used in schools in the UK*and anywhere else it could be run to try to bring home the very real consequences of texting and driving, which is illegal in the UK.

Made with the cooperation with the Gwent police department in Wales, the video used student actors along with members of the Gwent police.**Multiple models of some of the cars were required (and destroyed)*as it took more than one of each to depict the crash.* It is probably the most realistic-- and thus very sobering--- depiction of a serious traffic accident shot to date.

The video on YouTube is a trailer, or "taster" as these things are called in the UK, to the full 30 minute video that continues on after the accident to depict the repercussions of Cow's moment of distraction.

The director posted the teaser on YouTube*for his cast and crew to see, and it became a worldwide sensation.

I have not seen the full video, but the teaser is enough to make anyone of any age think twice about texting--- or even phoning for that matter--- while driving a car.* Not for the squeamish, one of the video links is......

-- Edited by Marin on Friday 2nd of September 2011 07:24:26 PM

Sorry, I can't remember how to make this YouTube address open automatically. However, it's worth the effort to type it in.

-- Edited by Giggitoni on Monday 5th of September 2011 06:05:56 PM

-- Edited by Giggitoni on Monday 5th of September 2011 06:07:49 PM

-- Edited by Giggitoni on Monday 5th of September 2011 06:08:07 PM

Here in S Florida it isn't worthwhile to even try to text while driving. As soon as you start some fool interrupts with a lot of honking and flashing of lights!

"Here in S Florida it isn't worthwhile to even try to text while driving. As soon as you start some fool interrupts with a lot of honking and flashing of lights! "

Esp if you are running 35 in the Left lane.

Yeah, you don't want to go too fast when texting and the slow lane on 95 always seems to turn into an exit at the wrong time.

Back
Top Bottom