Old 04-07-2017, 01:02 PM   #1
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Through the years

Wifey B: Ok, we were just singing this to each other and it is so meaningful for us, brought tears to our eyes. Normally hubby is the real sentimental teary eyed romantic but this just hit me so today. Since Friday night, October 13, 2000. I was a 21 year old who never imagined I'd meet someone and fall so instantly. He was a 30 year old successful businessman. Until that moment we both pictured a life as singles. That night, in bed, he sang to me for the first time, singing "What are you doing the rest of your life" and then I sang to him, "When I Fall in Love." Those songs expressed the feelings we were still scared to put into words. This song below that we just sang to each other reflects our feelings of today. Damn, he turned me into a sentimental girl.

BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:52 PM   #2

City: Punta Gorda, Florida
Vessel Name: Salty
Vessel Model: Fu Hwa 34 Europa
It is an amazing thing once you find the right person to share this life with. It took me 3 tries to find someone that would keep me. I maintain you just need to find someone who was with a big enough a#$hole the first time around no matter what I do I look like a saint Seriously tho - We tell each other everyday how grateful we are and how lucky we feel!

My bride and I are at the 20 year mark and still on our honeymoon. So happy you and B are having a similar experience.

Cheers to you and your mate!

John
Capt Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 06:49 AM   #3
Guru

City: Jupiter, Florida
Vessel Name: Black Eyed Susan
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 42' Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Jack View Post
I maintain you just need to find someone who was with a big enough a#$hole the first time around no matter what I do I look like a saint...John
This falls in line with what my father used to tell me about dating ugly women..."When you hang around a bunch of 3's all of a sudden a 6 doesn't look so bad...."
firstbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 08:24 AM   #4
Veteran Member

City: Bunnell
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstbase View Post
This falls in line with what my father used to tell me about dating ugly women..."When you hang around a bunch of 3's all of a sudden a 6 doesn't look so bad...."
Depends on how much you drank, then all 10s
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:34 AM   #5
Guru

City: Pahrump, NV
Vessel Name: Pairadice
Vessel Model: Sold Selene 47
Another old saying, "I can drink her pretty or I can drink her thin, just cant do both".
Crusty Chief is offline   Reply With Quote