Some folks vision

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As I started reading this thread, way back on page 1 a comment was made about disease. Bioengineering is beginning to take off in a huge way. I am a cancer patient. Throat cancer to be exact. My surgery was done at Penn by the doctors that invented TORS (trans oral robotic surgery) Where miniature robotic arms went down my throat to remove the tumor. After the surgery I had my first PET scan that showed cancer cells still in my throat as well as other parts of my body. The doctors removed some blood cells, did whatever they did to them and then injected them back into me in 4 sessions. During the injections they gave me electric shocks that "wake up" the cancer killing cells. After the 4 injections I had another PET scan. No more cancer anywhere. Completely cured. That was 4-1/2 years ago. Still no cancer. Ten years ago my type of cancer had a 40% mortality rate over 5 years. I was patient #1 on phase one of this clinical trial. This process is now going though phases 2 and 3. It will probably be another 5 years before it is approved.

"It will probably be another 5 years before it is approved."

That's 5 more years some burorats will have jobs the mortality rate is never their problem.

When a person who did not create "the system" uses the multiple flaws in the system , why is he at fault not the clowns that created the system.

Tax avoidance is legal, tax evasion is not.
Correct, avoidance legal. This goes beyond avoidance but, hey, rationalize it. Bottom line these folks are sponging off others accepting services, such as police, fire, schools, that others are paying for.

"It will probably be another 5 years before it is approved."

That's 5 more years some burorats will have jobs the mortality rate is never their problem.
I was a burorat, a hard-working bururat doing work that mattered. There are litteraly 100s of thusands, no millions of us doing the same. What did you do in life that mattered.

Elon Musk is the most brilliant, interesting, and accessible engineering mind on Earth today. He never ceases to amaze, and eventually he actually delivers. Doubt him on AI at your own peril.
Musk is probably a brilliant man. His persona is built up by a cult of people who continue to make comments like " the best on earth".
Canada to attend Queen's University, avoiding mandatory service in the*South African military. He left in 1992 to study business and physics at the University of Pennsylvania, and graduated with an undergraduate degree in economics and stayed for a second bachelor's degree in physics.

He taught himself how to program as a kid. He built businesses and made millions. He then bought more businesses like Tesla. I think he is more entrepreneur and businessman than engineer.
Elons businesses are a hot button with me. The tax dollars, subsides, and state and local government hand outs tick me off.

"What did you do in life that mattered?

It never mattered to me but I spent over 20,000 hours hauling folks from LGA to ORD or JFK to SFO.

Indoor job , no heavy lifting , free coffee, long hours at times.

Last edited:
As I started reading this thread, way back on page 1 a comment was made about disease. Bioengineering is beginning to take off in a huge way. I am a cancer patient. Throat cancer to be exact. My surgery was done at Penn by the doctors that invented TORS (trans oral robotic surgery) Where miniature robotic arms went down my throat to remove the tumor. After the surgery I had my first PET scan that showed cancer cells still in my throat as well as other parts of my body. The doctors removed some blood cells, did whatever they did to them and then injected them back into me in 4 sessions. During the injections they gave me electric shocks that "wake up" the cancer killing cells. After the 4 injections I had another PET scan. No more cancer anywhere. Completely cured. That was 4-1/2 years ago. Still no cancer. Ten years ago my type of cancer had a 40% mortality rate over 5 years. I was patient #1 on phase one of this clinical trial. This process is now going though phases 2 and 3. It will probably be another 5 years before it is approved.

I don't know if you watch the television show "New Amsterdam" but the Medical Director has throat cancer and is choosing to go through a trial rather than traditional chemo. I don't know the details, but have found the decision making and the tugging at his doctor and him from opposite directions to be very interesting even if some of the portrayal isn't realistic.

Very glad your treatment has been a success.

Greetings,
Older thread but, yet another perspective...

Even worse, what happens when they just think they are smarter than us, but have the power to override our decisions (which modern cars are already doing on a regular basis.)

I was in a rental car the other day, and it told me I needed to take a break from driving when I went around a dead animal on the highway. Given the power, I guess it would have forced me to do so.

Last edited:
"I was a burorat, a hard-working bururat doing work that mattered.

Hard working madams , pimps , fences , drug suppliers and many other out of favor folks could argue they supply goods and services at free market prices to consumers.

They do not require gov. force to be in business , as perhaps half or more of gov employees require.

The "dept of education" has not educates a single child.

The "welfare dept " is more concerned with adding to the list of tax eating consumers, than finding employment for reluctant "clients".

I am certain most burorats believe what they do is important , although the ones I have met believe THEY ARE THE REAL GOV,, the politicos , congress et all are temporary , the voters are un educated and the rats simply wait for this batch of fools to wander off.

Last edited:
"I was a burorat, a hard-working bururat doing work that mattered.

Hard working madams , pimps , fences , drug suppliers and many other out of favor folks could argue they supply goods and services at free market prices to consumers.

They do not require gov. force to be in business , as perhaps half or more of gov employees require.

The "dept of education" has not educates a single child.

The "welfare dept " is more concerned with adding to the list of tax eating consumers, than finding employment for reluctant "clients".

I am certain most burorats believe what they do is important , although the ones I have met believe THEY ARE THE REAL GOV,, the politicos , congress et all are temporary , the voters are un educated and the rats simply wait for this batch of fools to wander off.

I know that a lot of people think this "Deep State" idea is conspiracy stuff. But, anyone who worked in government as a career knows the truth of it, and of what you speak of.

I can remember one particular time, when I was pretty new, when our agency had a new director appointed, who came and spoke at our field division and told us of all new policies, and the direction he envisioned for us. I overheard our SAC (SES) and ASAC (GS-15), talking later, and laughing, that this new director actually thought he was in charge. We were later specifically instructed by our supervisors, not to follow his stated policies. They knew, he would be gone in a few years, (and he was), while they still had many years to go.

In truth, unelected agency GS-15's, and SESers, in the federal government, probably make way more major policy decisions than the President or cabinet heads. And, everyone in the G knows it.

And, I've seen them bring down agency heads when they felt they needed to. The FBI is famous for that (ask Louis Freeh or William Sessions).

"Deep State" may sound weird, but it's as good a name for it as anything.

Last edited:
I agree with the original post’s sentiment. I am not sure of the timeline. Everything always seems to take longer than expected.
I will ad one thing. The telephone industry went through major disruption with the invention of cell phones in the 1980’s. Then when they digitized the audio in the 90’s ( remember that when we lost sidetone) it exponentially increased the number of calls they could put on one channel and that dropped the price significantly. The only reason all the wireline telephone companies did not go bankrupt was beacause the government automatically gave them a cell phone license for the area they serviced. 25 Year’s later I don’t know any body with a hardline telephone and everybody had one back then even if it was a party line.
I was involved in the business back then and still didn’t see that coming to the extent it did.
One last item of disruption to add. Wireless in our homes. I built a new house in maine in 2001. I wired it with cat 5 wiring for the computers. By the time I completed the house in 2003 everything was wireless and we never even used that cat 5 system.
Bud

Back
Top Bottom