Sea Shepherd's New Boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wonder if it's the Amels Oberon with a new paint job.
The Klingon war bird that sunk was cooler though.

Attachments

• Oberon (3).JPG
    Oberon (3).JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 208
I hope they are successful at bringing a halt to whaling once and for all. It's such a pointless throwback to long-outdated needs. The one thing I see missing in the artist rendering of the Sea Shepherd's new ship is a really big gun. I don't have any sympathy or compassion for whalers. So far as I'm concerned, the only good whaler is a dead whaler.

Good to see they will finally have the speed they need. Those guys are "ballsey"!

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

Saw this trailer when I went to see, "American Sniper." I told the wife, "I'm with the whales on this one."

Wow, thanks for that movie tip - a movie I'd actually want to see, especially growing up around Mystic and the Charles W. Morgan.

I hope they are successful at bringing a halt to whaling once and for all. It's such a pointless throwback to long-outdated needs. The one thing I see missing in the artist rendering of the Sea Shepherd's new ship is a really big gun. I don't have any sympathy or compassion for whalers. So far as I'm concerned, the only good whaler is a dead whaler.

What:eek:

Now your'e saying you don't believe in native traditions?:eek:

Hmmmmm....who should I root for, whalers or pirates, whalers or pirates....

I hope they both disappear from the face of the earth.

Hmmmmm....who should I root for, whalers or pirates, whalers or pirates....

I hope they both disappear from the face of the earth.

The Whales!

Na, the whales can stay as long as they behave. It's just the whalers and the pirates that have to go.

I'm with fly wright on this one. These guys are dangerous at best. If everyone just broke the law whenever they ran into something they didn't agree with we'd have anarchy. I'm against whaling but piracy isn't the answer.

If everyone just broke the law whenever they ran into something they didn't agree with we'd have anarchy.

Hmm.... so you think that what the colonists did when they got sick of the laws and rules being imposed on them by the British was wrong, then? They should have waited for the British to change their laws and stuff instead of revolting and killing British people?

International law has had no impact on the countries still whaling. Public opinion has had no impact on the countries still whaling. So since there seems to be nothing that will convince the countries still whaling to stop, then to me the solution is simple. Kill the whalers and sink the ships. Problem solved.

My only objection to the Sea Shepherds is they don't go far enough. You don't solve a problem using half-measures. I have no sympathy for whalers at all. If they're too stupid or ignorant to stop on their own and so all die, cool. Works for me.

I'm with fly wright on this one. These guys are dangerous at best. If everyone just broke the law whenever they ran into something they didn't agree with we'd have anarchy. I'm against whaling but piracy isn't the answer.

Yep, they also said that in Selma Mississippi, to name one

Hmm.... so you think that what the colonists did when they got sick of the laws and rules being imposed on them by the British was wrong, then? They should have waited for the British to change their laws and stuff instead of revolting and killing British people?

International law has had no impact on the countries still whaling. Public opinion has had no impact on the countries still whaling. So since there seems to be nothing that will convince the countries still whaling to stop, then to me the solution is simple. Kill the whalers and sink the ships. Problem solved.

My only objection to the Sea Shepherds is they don't go far enough. You don't solve a problem using half-measures. I have no sympathy for whalers at all. If they're too stupid or ignorant to stop on their own and so all die, cool. Works for me.

So long as you are fine with the whalers and their respective countries blowing the Sea Shepard out of the water.

I understand where you are coming from but piracy is NOT the answer.

Just read the book. Good book. Read it in one five hour stretch, it's no Moby Dick for length, but a very good, very absorbing book I thought. It'll enrich our spring trip out of Newport to Mystic and beyond. I know our sensibilities have changed profoundly since 1820, but I still don't understand how they could have killed whales with such slaughter. I remember standing on a shore in Cook Inlet one evening, listening to a pod of Beluga breathe as they went past. It was one of the most magical, memorable moments of my life, one of those moments that leaves you in awe of God's creation. The thought of then casting a harpoon at them in bloody carnage would have felt sacrilegious to me, 1820 or 2015.

Understood Marin, just be prepared when someone uses the same logic for something you disagree/goes against you.

Whales are the largest creatures who have ever lived on this planet, they are extraordinary animals, there is no economic justification in hunting them.

Human being do not own this world, and the sooner we get that into our heads the better.

More power to Sea Sheppard. I'll support a bit of anarchy to safeguard the Whales.

Back
Top Bottom