saw a nice motorhome for sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Make
15' Hobie Power Skiff w/90hp Yamaha-owned 28 years. Also a 2001 Bayliner 3788 that I took in trade
Driving up US I, north of Ft. Pierce the other day a coach caught the side of my eye at a RV dealership. Looked nice at 50 mph.. Stopped by later in the week to investigate and discovered a 30' diesel (Cat 3208) pusher on Gillig chassis with Elite Coach sitting on it. Pretty nice condition all around; 89k miles, smelled clean, was clean, paint was good, glass was good, didn't see any rust. Quality construction with a layout ahead of its time for 1990. It has a rear centerline queen, and a large amidship bathroom, with a very spacious shower stall, a skylight, good head room, washer/dryer, real wood floors, two chairs, and fold down couch in salon. I recommend it. Salesman said it was on consignment from a guy who now lives on a boat. Asking $24k, which in my money means $15k- your results might vary.
I know good diesel coaches are hard to find, so heads up. Google "elite 30 diesel motor home, Ft. PIERCE"
I will buy it if my wife doesn't come home from her annual trip to Europe next week, just to sit in it down in Terlingua Texas to contemplate starting to drink again, but she's coming home.:smitten:
We've done the math and it's much cheaper to rock the minivan, and stay at 3 star hotels via Priceline than to buy a rv again, but some of my happiest days was as a young guy who left New Orleans in a old 57 camper (with a lb of good weed to make friends and influence others in the 70s), with a windsurfer on the roof,
who's 'weekend trip to Florida' has lasted since 1978. Good times. "Honey, I don't think I'm ever coming home, you can have everything, love you". Ah, youth and cheap gasoline.

Last edited:
Ah, youth and cheap gasoline.

Inflation adjusted gas IS cheap today

Ah, youth and cheap gasoline.

Inflation adjusted gas IS cheap today

Well, the youth is gone, but they couldn't improve the mpg of RVs in all this time? 10-12 mpg then-same now. A fill up for fifty bucks one didn't notice, but now? Ouch. Plus back in the 70s one could drive them out on the beach in NE Florida, or Virginia Key, and stay for free. I've done the math too many times, which is why I have 97k trouble free miles now on the Grand Caravan since I bought it new in 09. That, and I can cruise at 80 mph. Makes getting down to the Big Bend a pleasant 3 day drive staying at real nice hotels in Mobile, New Orleans, Houston (I don't like San Antonio), Del Rio, and Marfa. Now down at my destination-eh, not so much, but that's why it's so unique. Yuppy free.

THE GAUGE HOTEL. Marathon. If you ain't done it Ya orda.... Training ground for 5star Texas cheifs? Chiefs? Awh hell ...cooks. Sure is dark there at night.

The Hotel built by a cattle Baron in 1852...Giant filmed there, now restored. Really super cool.

Careful about the damned yuppies the Califonians have discovered Big Bend,
cross the river though, the Mexicans will welcome another gringole

If I quit trawlering I am heading down that way.

Back
Top Bottom