Pumpkin Pie Debate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
200.webp

Why, is there a limited supply? :D

It has been my experience (from eating my sister in law's pie) that the best pies are made with fresh fruits not frozen. As a result of the growing season and wanting fresh fruit, the best quality pumpkin pies are in the fall to maybe Christmas. With such a high demand for such a superior product, the preferred varieties of the fruit can run out. Naturally I had assumed you wife, being a discriminating chef, only used the best varieties.

:rolleyes:

Ted

It has been my experience (from eating my sister in law's pie) that the best pies are made with fresh fruits not frozen. As a result of the growing season and wanting fresh fruit, the best quality pumpkin pies are in the fall to maybe Christmas. With such a high demand for such a superior product, the preferred varieties of the fruit can run out. Naturally I had assumed you wife, being a discriminating chef, only used the best varieties.

:rolleyes:

Ted

My wife, "being a discriminating chef" does not use pumpkin in her baking! :)

Warm or cold, I still love pumpkin pie with lots of whipped cream. However, apple & cherry should be served warm with ice cream.

Room temp for us, with whipping cream on top. Have eaten from the fridge the day after make, not nearly as good. Never had hot!:dance:lol:

There are only two types of pie. Hot and cold. :D BUT in this case pumpkin pie most certainly tastes better when it’s a little more firm so room temperature or cold is better. Of course we are talking about pie, and any pie is good regardless if it’s hot or cold.

I've been eating pumpkin pie all my life (66 years) and prefer fresh-baked, still warm, with whipped cream (NOT cool whip or any other substitute). The next day, cool is good too but not as good as fresh and warm.

Great Thread:)

Cold of course, however I prefer sweet potato pie by far, not too sweet, touch of sour cream in the custard. Great question:)

Well imagine tucked away in a cozy BC coastal fjord at a nice secluded gunkhole in the late fall. Brisk outside with a light rain and mist. You are nice and comfie in your onsies with your favourite beverage at your side. Now do you want hot pie or cold pie?

Pic of you in those onesies or it didn't happen! :)

Pic of you in those onesies or it didn't happen!

It could be the proverbial cold day in hell before I wore them, but.... I guess that cold day were to come, I'd like hot pie please!!!!

OK, hot, with a toddy:)

They probably didn't have pumpkin pie growing up in Ireland, I presume.

Correct. Never heard of or saw them until arriving here.

We used to carve turnips and put candles inside them. Probably the origin of the pumpkin carving.

Of course you can get pumpkins galore in Ireland now.

BTW, Derry now hosts the largest Halloween festival in Europe these days.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom