Old 09-26-2010, 11:17 AM   #21
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Pirates

Hiya,
** Mr. sunchaser.* I think N Korea probably did sink the S Korean vessel.* Short of all out war, I haven`t got a clue was should be done other than what has already been done.* Some may say NUKE-EM but I think we all know where THAT will lead.* I strongly suspect China is getting a bit p*ssed off with the short guy from NK as they have cautioned restraint be practiced by all involved.
************ ** http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10181527
** Mr. Coyote.**I still stand by my concern that this incident occured in INTERNATIONAL waters and the Israelis would have had ample time to inspect said vessel within the*commonly accepted 12 mile limit usually ascribe to a blockade.
** I fully respect YOUR opinion, but I don`t agree with it and I`m not even going to get into cause-effect* for the whole middle east mess (hint, I blame the brits).
** Everything other than the fire bombs might simply be ordinary objects which MIGHT be found on any vessel (eg: 5KG hammer...sticks, stones etc.)
** All that being said, could it be that the occupants of the relief ship wished to provoke an incident to highlight, which many feel, including the UN,, is an overly*zelous*Israeli response in dealing with the Gaza situation...*

-- Edited by RT Firefly on Sunday 26th of September 2010 12:29:50 PM
RT Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 02:11 PM   #22

City: Brookings
Vessel Name: Stargazer
Vessel Model: Mainship 34
RE: Pirates

Quote:
RT Firefly wrote:

...could it be that the occupants of the relief ship wished to provoke an incident to highlight, which many feel, including the UN,, is an overly*zelous*Israeli response in dealing with the Gaza situation...*

RTF,

I think you've hit the nail on the head. *I agreed with you when I wrote, "It seems the activists chose the conflict when they could have easily have allowed the search and continued on their way. By attempting to run the blockade they chose the outcome to be*violent."

I can't imagine living under the threats that Israel does. *Can you imagine other countries saying publicly that their goal is to wipe the US off the face of the earth? Come to think of it, *that's*exactly*what radical Islam IS saying. *YIKES!!

Thanks for the discourse. *I appreciate your opinions.

Mike

Brookings, Oregon
coyote454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 02:21 PM   #23
Enigma

City: Slicker?

Hiya,
** Mr. Coyote...thank you
RT Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:16 PM   #24
Guru

09-26-2010 05:17 PM PDT by SOPHIA TAREEN, Associated Press:

FBI agents in Chicago took a laptop and documents from the home of a Palestinian-American anti-war activist. More than a half a dozen agents went to the home of Hatem Abuddayyah and took any documents containing the word "Palestine."
You think maybe the FBI did this without Obummer's knowledge? Obummer would never allow such a thing to happen under his watch, or would he?
ancora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:56 AM   #25
FF
Guru

...could it be that the occupants of the relief ship wished to provoke an incident to highlight, which many feel, including the UN,, is an overly zelous Israeli response in dealing with the Gaza situation...

This is called LAWFARE.

Usually the folks drag 6 month old dead babies and women out of the Morgue and spread then around for CNN and Al Jisera.

In a connected world LAWFARE is as effective as the media is willing to be a part of the con.
FF is offline   Reply With Quote