Pigs might fly? Sure can!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Insequent

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
Insequent
Vessel Make
Ocean Alexander 50 Mk I
The pic was taken by a Mr Clarke Espie in the Cromarty wetlands south of Townsville.

The news article unfortunately requires a subscription or payment, and has a couple more pic and a little more info.
https://www.townsvillebulletin.com....e/news-story/4ff4f632fccc3ff4b746e803ee379b9f

An interesting quote: The Australian Museum said white-bellied sea-eagles, which are common along coastal stretches of Australia, have a wingspan of up to 2m and can weigh up to 4.2kg.

Attachments

• Sea eagle pig.jpeg
    Sea eagle pig.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 75
It's not what you think. That eagle is using the pig as he trolls for a huge fish.

It's not what you think. That eagle is using the pig as he trolls for a huge fish.

Kinda lik Tom on ASD, he takes his wife out fishing cuz he cant hook anything, LOL!

Part of the news story said that the eagle had to flap like mad to stay aloft, only just able to carry it. But made it to a little island and happily shared the meal with at least one other eagle, no doubt its mate.

Hi Brian, We were anchored next to you Wednesday week back at Blaksleys, Hope the photo comes out, cheers Colin

Didnt work,Guess I need to practice more.

The way I add pics is to use the paperclip in "Go Advanced' then select file etc.

I guess the only reason I go to Blakesley's is to hide from gusty SE winds, and hopping around in the tender is not high on the agenda then. Next time you spot me drop by to say hello!

Part of the news story said that the eagle had to flap like mad to stay aloft, only just able to carry it. But made it to a little island and happily shared the meal with at least one other eagle, no doubt its mate.
The eagle's version of bringing home the bacon.

Ted

The Anchorage Airport used to use pigs to eat sea bird eggs on an island in the sealane. Justice takes time...

Back
Top Bottom